SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

People been hoonin since cars were invented man you trippin son

Ask ya parents about 'back in the day' plenty of crap went down difference was cops belted ya and moved on now you get fined and Impounds lol

I did this once..it scared me.

my old man and friends had nothing to do on weekends pubs not open and such.

so they would buy a party keg of beer

put ice on top

put in back of station wagon

and drive around the country side till it was empty.

no seat belts

drunk

in V8's

if you believe the media of today, he is dead!

they did meet Donald Campbell working on bluebird (the boat not car) on one of these trips

People been hoonin since cars were invented man you trippin son

Ask ya parents about 'back in the day' plenty of crap went down difference was cops belted ya and moved on now you get fined and Impounds lol

Yeah thats true. My dads told me stories how back in the day they used to run from the police, mostly because the cop cars werent as quick as the cars they were driving, and the police didnt have the technology to track your number plate, where you live etc. He actually did tell me the cops used to belt you back in the day. Sounds terrifying lol.

What i was trying to say was, as of 2008, thats when it became p plate hunting season. Yes cops were still strict before 2008, but 2008 was the year they started getting much more strict. The media made it out to be because there was alot more hooning going around back in those days then usual. I dont know if this is true or not, like i said i dont trust the media, but thats what they reckon caused the cops to become so much more strict.

Nother stupid one is on a full license if you don't have your license on you you have 24 hours to go to cop shop and show them your license. On P's though it's a fine straight up.

Speaking of which I was actually going through a big PDF of all traffic related fines in Vic, and if you're under 25 and not carrying your license, it's a straight up fine. Older than 25 and you have the option of appearing at a police station.

Speaking of which I was actually going through a big PDF of all traffic related fines in Vic, and if you're under 25 and not carrying your license, it's a straight up fine. Older than 25 and you have the option of appearing at a police station.

would like to hear the reasoning for that.

would like to hear the reasoning for that.

For those who want a little more insight on a few things.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/8A3C8209-3A64-4332-AA60-973D2A65AC71/0/Listing_of_VicRoads__Fees_201314.pdf

Penalty 2608: Person aged less than 26 years failing to have licence in his or her possession while driving or in charge of motor vehicle: $72

I too would like to hear the reasoning behind that ^^^

My first skyline back in about 2004 got pulled over for 'random' breathos and inspections at least once a week so I'm not buyin the so much worse from 08 onwards they used to block all the cars in and hammer everyone back then I think you've just got a bit of a poor hard done by me me attitude goin on

My first skyline back in about 2004 got pulled over for 'random' breathos and inspections at least once a week so I'm not buyin the so much worse from 08 onwards they used to block all the cars in and hammer everyone back then I think you've just got a bit of a poor hard done by me me attitude goin on

I've gotta disagree with that unfortunately, I used to get pulled over all the time in the GTST, monthly more or less (a lot for me in the south east!). Then I bought a 32 GTR, drove that for a year and never got pulled over. Now have a 33 GTR and so far have been fine, maybe they've dulled the operations down who knows. Regardless, cops are getting stricter on everything to meet quotas and the tiniest bit of wheel spin in the rain can have you ending up in court. What I'm saying is, cops aren't getting worse, the punishments are getting worse and more frequent to meet their quotas.

I never once got pulled over in my 33 :cool:

I did however get overtaken by a cop car, whilst driving my completely unroadworthy deathtrap EA, so that he could pull over my ex gf to defect her 32 for being a few mm to low... He certainly saved lives that day

I havnt actually been pulled over yet in the skyline. Its been about 7 months of ownership. I remember a couple years ago my friends who owned skylines supras etc would get pulled over constantly, I remember once in my friends supra, a cop pulled us over to tell us the car was cop bait lol. I dont wanna jynx it, but it does seem like cops are becoming a little less strict.

I never once got pulled over in my 33 :cool:

I did however get overtaken by a cop car, whilst driving my completely unroadworthy deathtrap EA, so that he could pull over my ex gf to defect her 32 for being a few mm to low... He certainly saved lives that day

I got pulled over once, because I did a little skid when I took off form the lights and I didn't see he was right behind me...

he asked me if i was drunk and breathtested me, then let me go...

but if you're under 26 and don't lose any points in the 3 years leading up to a new licence, you can get a 25% discount

... which is something, i suppose

I thought that was for over 26 as well.

as last time I renewed the chick behind the counter was giving me shit for losing points so it cost me more

Edit

seems it just under 26's since 2013, you are right

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Licences/RenewReplaceOrUpdate/DriverRewardScheme.htm

damn you young whipper snappers get all the perks.

us older safer drivers are carrying your ass's.