SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

If labour had bought 72 fighter jets at the same time as telling us we need to tighten our belts I would have the same opinion.

I am a swinging voter.... it's just that the current federal LNP party was crafted from a load of satans jizz.

I'm not saying the budgets perfect I do believe it's the kind of budget we need the age of entitlement needs to be stamped out. It's actually ridiculous that labor party still exist given they have consistently proven they cannot manage the country (economy) they have failed to return a surplus for over 40 years! How they can be so blatantly incompetent and get away with it is staggering

Just remember these measures have only come about because of the wasted spending and mismanagement long term the country will be better off

They say oh we don't have a debt crisis look at the OECD countries we aren't as fkd as them, so what they are basically broke is that truly what we want to benchmark off? How about the rich nations with sovereign wealth funds that have billions tucked away provide free health, education and more to everyone shouldn't we strive to be like them not a broke kicking the debt can down the road country like USA / Europe?

$9 billion a year is the interest alone on labors debt that could fund so many things!

See I think Labour did the right thing at the time

and now think Libs are doing the right thing for now.

if we had libs in at the GFC and the motor industry pull at that point we would have had scared ppl everywhere and be in a similar situation to spain and UK.

however if the spending kept going now it not a worry then we would end up in debt like greece.

I don't like any politicians those that gravitate to power are usually those least suitable for it, but considering how good we have it here some of them must have done a good job.

seems to me that the libs are using scare tactics to make it appear as if they are doing the right thing now..

And And your last statement is exactly why I say Laurie Oakes for PM...;)

How many of us really have it that bad though? We're all still here right? Regardless of who is in power, and who we hate, it's still people with half a brain running the top of the country, whilst we the people run the rest of it. Even if you lose your job, you go find another - people will find a way to survive. Recession or not, it's not like you're physically dying from a few extra dollars or a few less in your weekly income. Unless Labor are in power and you get some insulation done zing!

Also, it's a whole party piecing together their policies...the leader is just a media face for elections, a puppet, a pigeon and the fall guy...so hate on them all you like, that's what they are there for you to do. Always struck me as odd that people judged Bush's administration based on his public bumblings etc., when he actually little say in what was done. Or that they thought so much hope and difference would come with a black president, when the rest of the party is same old white guys? A party can disown these guys when the party has made unfavorable decisions or needs a fresh look...they did it with Rudd and Gillard. Idiots who wanted Howard gone because they thought he was too old (prime ministers are footballers??), equal idiots wanted Gillard gone because they hated her. Baby with the bath water...

Old Tony's tactic of silence sure is interesting and laughable...can't deny it works though; the journos quickly give up trying to get him to say something; they seem almost intimidated by it or unsure of where to go. I've never thought of Abbott as a good talker. Fortunately for LNP he has less outbursts than former Labor leaders lol

How many of us really have it that bad though? We're all still here right? Regardless of who is in power, and who we hate, it's still people with half a brain running the top of the country, whilst we the people run the rest of it. Even if you lose your job, you go find another - people will find a way to survive. Recession or not, it's not like you're physically dying from a few extra dollars or a few less in your weekly income. Unless Labor are in power and you get some insulation done zing!

Also, it's a whole party piecing together their policies...the leader is just a media face for elections, a puppet, a pigeon and the fall guy...so hate on them all you like, that's what they are there for you to do. Always struck me as odd that people judged Bush's administration based on his public bumblings etc., when he actually little say in what was done. Or that they thought so much hope and difference would come with a black president, when the rest of the party is same old white guys? A party can disown these guys when the party has made unfavorable decisions or needs a fresh look...they did it with Rudd and Gillard. Idiots who wanted Howard gone because they thought he was too old (prime ministers are footballers??), equal idiots wanted Gillard gone because they hated her. Baby with the bath water...

Old Tony's tactic of silence sure is interesting and laughable...can't deny it works though; the journos quickly give up trying to get him to say something; they seem almost intimidated by it or unsure of where to go. I've never thought of Abbott as a good talker. Fortunately for LNP he has less outbursts than former Labor leaders lol

Intimidated? Surely you're joking.

They think he's a moron, acting like a 5 year old that has no answer to something they've done, so as adults they don't bother to stoop to his level of stupidity

Why wouldn't you keep rolling though, to capture 5 mins of silence? Unorthodox, but I say it achieved the effect of making them go away; he's just not playing their game.

In both those instances it was journos trying to make something of nothing, which is why he gave no material for them to use. Then when they got nothing out of him, they tried to make the nothing seem like something. He seems to be bobbing his head whilst doing it lol

I have an idea this morning that will save this country.

it boosts morale, will increase attention of filming in australia, it gets the defense force involved in a positive way, and shows off the new fighter jets.

I present to you....

TOP GUN 2

top-gun-2-tom-cruise.jpg

How can you be so one eyed al? The libs could implement a tax on "people named Alex Sherwin" and you'd be all up on the internet supporting it and sooking about how bad it was under labour.

The libs have ruined many things in thus country, just as have labour have, and conversely they have both done good things. It's actually that simple.

The budget is in a shit position right now, that we all agree on. But post GFC so is every country.

Why do we have to try to return to a surplus in the next 3 years via a budget that is so painful to the vulnerable? Why can't it be a 10 year plan or even longer? In reality hockey/Abbott are only going through with this in the hope they will have something to tout at the next election.

It's a shit budget. Period

• Like 1

It's really not that bad the vulnerable are not that much worse off at all young people should work or be studying, they should pay to study why should the people fund their study? The dole should not be a free ride, Pensioners are still going to be far more better off than probably anywhere else in the world id love for them to have more if it was possible but frankly the rate it is going there would be nothing for anyone

Abc like really who cares labor should fund that themselves they basically are labor propaganda shows 90% of the time with a sprinkle of bbc content

I don't disagree the budget isn't perfect for everyone but it's what the country needs for long term future I'm not so one eyed to not see it in a balanced light most people are letting emotion get in the way of opinion on fundamentally good policy. Not all ideal but is what it is at this point in time.

Let me guess not one of you have an issue with $180k+ earners paying a debt levy right? Ultimately money has to come from somewhere would you guys like to increase you % tax paid to help out the vulnerable you care so dearly for? Sadly I think we all know the answer

Tobes, you serious? Dumbo wants to rape tradies

I'm only looking at it from at Income Tax perspective though

Not sure what other policies his put in place to rape you guys