SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

last engine didn't blow because of fuel... was just everything else sort of worked together to self-implode.

Once you understand the way ethanol and petrol ignite, you will see why e85 is so much better for engine longevity. Petrol explodes quickly at the top of the piston's stroke, when the crank is at tdc. That explosion has nowhere to push the piston till the crank comes around a few more degrees. This is why the rods/bearings need to be strong, they take the entire force of the explosion.

With e85 the explosion is slower and colder, meaning less force is exerted at the top of the stroke, more when the crank is at 90 degrees, which is the point of maximum torque, and least rod/crank/bearing stress. This is partly why you gain torque with a lower energy density fuel, and entirely why my stock engine handles 40psi up the straight at Sandown. ;)

man what the f**k is this shit, im just getting him to do a quick little run in tune so i can run it in properly.
shittttt scotty, sandy vagina and shit.
sandier than aaron the niggas,
which reminds me how is that nigga, i heard he was kidnapped by these whites and sold into slavery. f**king platsys cousins.

Once you understand the way ethanol and petrol ignite, you will see why e85 is so much better for engine longevity. Petrol explodes quickly at the top of the piston's stroke, when the crank is at tdc. That explosion has nowhere to push the piston till the crank comes around a few more degrees. This is why the rods/bearings need to be strong, they take the entire force of the explosion.

With e85 the explosion is slower and colder, meaning less force is exerted at the top of the stroke, more when the crank is at 90 degrees, which is the point of maximum torque, and least rod/crank/bearing stress. This is partly why you gain torque with a lower energy density fuel, and entirely why my stock engine handles 40psi up the straight at Sandown. ;)

Hmmm interdasting.

Will consider it since things are back on the drawing board at the moment.

Considering having a chat to racepace about my oil setup, i have a feeling that is playing a role in my issues. Namely flow pressure and circulation with the cooler.

yeah because springs broke, causing rockers to scratch, causing cam lobes to be damaged.

all the while bottom-end bearing fails, rod comes loose, whacks the block and scratches piston an cylinder walls.

would E85 prevented that and engine would still be running 100%? I think not.

would the tuning required for E85 continually melt my external ignition coil? possibly.

would the extra power/torque cause enough power/torque to destroy my headset? possibly.

would the 50L fuel tank need constant jerry cans on standby? probably.

Oh man :(

I don't trust plant juice.

Nah, can't afford to redo entire fuel system ATM.

Trying to save for a house/ fix up mums house.

Time to invest in something

That was first time around I believe... Not what happened last Saturday...

Ah mis-read it!

I don't trust plant juice.

Nah, can't afford to redo entire fuel system ATM.

Trying to save for a house/ fix up mums house.

Time to invest in something

I got this fabulous scheme you can invest in

Trust me im Asian

man what the f**k is this shit, im just getting him to do a quick little run in tune so i can run it in properly.

shittttt scotty, sandy vagina and shit.

sandier than aaron the niggas,

which reminds me how is that nigga, i heard he was kidnapped by these whites and sold into slavery. f**king platsys cousins.

Shuttup terrorist

lol @ redoing a fuel system to handle E85. Bigger injectors are all you need, and a fuel pump, but most people do that anyway with their 98 petrol modifications.

Have switched back to 98 a couple of times and the engine is just so much happier on E85. Not even for the power; it's the smoother more consistent idle and feeling like a brand new engine compared to petrol, which you seem to be able to feel the mileage with. Starting in super cold winter is the only time it's not happy on E, but once she cranks you're all good.

Get on it! There's a reason you've never heard someone convert to E85 and say this sucks don't do it man. Even Hatish loved it. And lol my phone auto corrects to Hatish now.

What is the best option for side feed injectors that are e85 friendly? Reluctant to convert to top feed at this stage

My car just turned 18 so can legally drink alcohol now

• Like 1

There's a reason you've never heard someone convert to E85 and say this sucks don't do it man.

There are a few reasons not to go E85...

The need for Jerrycans is one of the major ones since not a lot of regional centres have any E85 at all, so driving to Winton or DECA will use nearly a tank, then the track day, then the drive home...

I do 300+ peak hour km's each week in my car, I could easily switch to E85 (My pump can handle it, and my injectors are 550's... might need an upsize if I want to keep some decent overhead, I pass a few petrol stations with it each day), but its still the hassle of country trips which suck.

I'll do it in the future, but for now, I'm sticking to BP98

Get on it! There's a reason you've never heard someone convert to E85 and say this sucks don't do it man. Even Hatish loved it. And lol my phone auto corrects to Hatish now.

Lol @ autocorrect.

You just can't tell some people Birds... They need to go their own way, same as everyone else, as has been done for years. What they don't tell you at school is cars started life running on ethanol, and only converted to petrol due to it being virtually free to pump from the ground. Things have since changed obviously.

There are a few reasons not to go E85...

The need for Jerrycans is one of the major ones since not a lot of regional centres have any E85 at all, so driving to Winton or DECA will use nearly a tank, then the track day, then the drive home...

I do 300+ peak hour km's each week in my car, I could easily switch to E85 (My pump can handle it, and my injectors are 550's... might need an upsize if I want to keep some decent overhead, I pass a few petrol stations with it each day), but its still the hassle of country trips which suck.

I'll do it in the future, but for now, I'm sticking to BP98

So... Your tank isn't large enough? That's a great reason... :P