SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Ended up skipping Godzilla (now I've read all your comments, I'm glad I did :rolleyes:) and saw Bad Neighbours instead.

It was funny, even for a Seth Rogan movie

I'll save Leesh attacking you lol

Living in WA puts her in the most expensive state for ongoing living expenses, it's all relative. There's a reason the FIFOs aren't saving that much money besides blowing it on coke and hookers.

Teacher work doesn't end when school holidays start either - popular misconception. They go into work all the time during holidays and spend a lot of their spare time marking work and planning lessons. Not just saying that cause my girlfriend is a teacher, but because I've seen first hand how much she works during the so called holidays; even has to bring work with her when she visits me. Not saying that I don't put in unpaid overtime in a non-teaching job, but it's a guaranteed necessity for teaching. That along with getting treated like ass by kids you can't even discipline or blame for most of the stuff they do. Can't stand up for yourself at all cause schools obsessed with pleasing parents these days and parents think their kids are fkin angel victims. You'd have to really love kids and wanting to make a difference to want to be a teacher!

Yeah I dunno man I know some teachers to and they really don't seem all the unhappy about the situation and holidays / pay etc every job has it's pitfalls and over time I'm just sayin $85k regardless of where your living is hardly a pittance comparative to what work others are doing for drastically less

On another note an uninsured lady smashed into me missuz car about 6 weeks ago, we got a witness and her insurance has fixed her car at no cost all good and then today get a thing in the mail these plebs want to sue my missuz for $7k da Fark? Will insurance company handle this or do we gotta go court ourselves and argue this crap ? Amazing they couldn't afford insurance or to fix their car but can pay a lawyer

#godihatepoorpeople

lol how can they sue you if they've admitted fault and had their insurance company repair her car...the claim serves as an admission of fault and I assume there would be an accident report to go with if. Tell em nice try...

Yeah I dunno man I know some teachers to and they really don't seem all the unhappy about the situation and holidays / pay etc every job has it's pitfalls and over time I'm just sayin $85k regardless of where your living is hardly a pittance comparative to what work others are doing for drastically less

Leesh still loves her job and wouldn't do anything but teaching...just saying she works quite disproportionately to the pay, as do a lot of teachers. You can say 85k is a good income and it is, but if you have to work two jobs and 60+ hours a week for it, it's certainly nothing special and that's really what a good teacher is doing.

Primary and secondary are also different kettles of fish, which might also explain different perspectives. From what I hear there's a bit less extra curricular involvement in secondary.

Primary and secondary are also different kettles of fish, which might also explain different perspectives. From what I hear there's a bit less extra curricular involvement in secondary.

So much this. Edited by L33SH

On another note an uninsured lady smashed into me missuz car about 6 weeks ago, we got a witness and her insurance has fixed her car at no cost all good and then today get a thing in the mail these plebs want to sue my missuz for $7k da Fark? Will insurance company handle this or do we gotta go court ourselves and argue this crap ? Amazing they couldn't afford insurance or to fix their car but can pay a lawyer

#godihatepoorpeople

your insurance will handle this.

that's what you pays them for.

assuming all good for not at fault then no cost no care.

Nah our insurance fixed my missuz car free after determining other party is at fault, however they have no insurance so now I guess trying to sue cos they can't afford to fix their shitbox car

Yeh i figured insurance will sort it out, the people are such plebs not to mention we have a witness who saw it and said it's 100% the other persons fault so don't like there chances

so over normal laptops with 5400rpm SATA drives

just makes them slugg-o-matics

surely we are at a point where ssd is standard

120gb instant or 1TB slug-o-matic

i know what id prefer

128GB SSD For $95, why bother with normal SATA hey

then use some imaging software to migrate your working laptop as-is to the new SSD and hey presto, instant windows 7

as much as I don't mind working a Saturday, I hate being that dude who gets über sleepy after midnight an ends up spilling drinks all over himself because cant even hold drink upright let alone keep eyes open.

why can't people start early? then everyone can crash or leave at like 11pm? keep neighbours happy and get good night sleep without having to waste Sunday sleeping.

as much as I don't mind working a Saturday, I hate being that dude who gets über sleepy after midnight an ends up spilling drinks all over himself because cant even hold drink upright let alone keep eyes open.

why can't people start early? then everyone can crash or leave at like 11pm? keep neighbours happy and get good night sleep without having to waste Sunday sleeping.

You wouldn't survive in South America then! Pre-Drinks don't start until 11pm-midnight!