SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

is checking fuel pressure the best way to test if a walborough pump is working properly? or just safer to replace the whole thing?

Also chatting to previous owner last night (who is cautious, but also talks some absolute shit) and raised concerns about E85 on old fuel lines and seal (I have seen a document warning cars pre-2004 to steer clear of any ethanol blend because it eat through certian rubbers over time). He also mentioned E85 water/fuel separation if left stagnant in the tank for long periods of time... comments?

Please E85 propaganda experts, you're my only hope.

Fuel pressure combined with flow rate...

You can have a pump which can build up to 45psi over 2 seconds, and then a bung pump which can build up to 45psi over 10 seconds due to low flow rate... Only one of these is going to be able to keep up under high boost situations, do SR20's have a rising rate FPR?

It's alcohol leeroy.

Go find the shit established rubber you can find and put it in a jar of 85% spirits. Then pull rubber out a week later and drink it.

I work on car for free then? Oh okay.

Hey everybody free repairs farken.

Im joking. I got one jd

This is not enough to cover an angry ass pregnant wife that thinks I'm having an a fair with scotty.

I work on car for free then? Oh okay.

Hey everybody free repairs farken.

Im joking. I got one jd

This is not enough to cover an angry ass pregnant wife that thinks I'm having an a fair with scotty.

LOL @ an affair.

In that case... A slab of ze german beer.

Hahahaha. No not quite. He is bringing a kakimoto muffler down to see if it fits the micra. I think it won't.

The kakimoto muffler I had was roughly the same size as your car

• Like 1

Most of those documents regarding ethanol and old fuel lines are propaganda written by companies with a vested interested in keeping motorists using normal petrols or distributors being overly safe for liability reasons...

And we may spout pro-E85 propaganda, and then it becomes he says she says...

But the difference is, that the pro-E85 people actually have thousands of running vehicles from the early 90s to prove it's not an issue. Now show me all those explosions and fires and clapped out fuel systems from using E85 on pre-2004 vehicles :rofl:

E85 for 6 months and counting!

Simon why you installing beta bios' for? it might rub off on you brah

To enable newer GPU compatibility with my mobo.

The joke's said and done, welcome to the party though ;)

St Johns First Aid training course tomorrow

Sitting in a classroom with a bunch of other idiots all day... meh, still better than work.

Just remembered I need to memorise a 47 page pdf of pre-reading info before I get there, blergh.