SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

which airline?

Virgin

I rate over Qantas, especially the entertainment system...though Qantas had scrambled eggs and hash browns for breakfast on one flight, and that's a win.

Unrelated, boss's sister is a flight attendant with Qantas and apparently airline staff hate FIFOs #@Rekin cause they just keep asking for more beer and treating them like shit...

• Like 1

yeah each airline has pros and cons.

I used to fly virgin, but were never on time, 2 years straight of flyign every 2 weeks to syd and never arrive on time.

when I changed roles to a customer facing one and had to be on time moved to qantas they more keen to put the pedal down if running late.

most of my friends who are serious flyers paying for it themselves are on virgin however, (easier to get status if nothing else)

but if you flying Intl often,and can get status..qantas is def your friend.

Can be better than business class stuck in their individual seats :)

Though you would have needed some leg fold surely

Captain just said 40 on this A330 including business class bahahah

Only someone who hasn't been in business class would say that.

Burn

Virgin

I rate over Qantas, especially the entertainment system...though Qantas had scrambled eggs and hash browns for breakfast on one flight, and that's a win.

Unrelated, boss's sister is a flight attendant with Qantas and apparently airline staff hate FIFOs #@Rekin cause they just keep asking for more beer and treating them like shit...

So employee is annoyed because they have to do their job and not talk shit with their mates? Not like the beer comes from their pocket.

Difference with frequent flyers is that there is no longer a guilt asking for something when in actual fact it's their job to serve.

Usually happens due to running lean at idle as I found out last night, then again today with Greg's car. ;)Cams would make it much more pronounced.

You got widebands fitted guys? Why the hell not?

Interesting.

That's actually the last piece of the puzzle I need to obtain before I put all my mods in.

If anything I'm probably a bit rich atm... flames pls.

matter of interest what the difference between say me and the stereotype FIFO?

You don't seem like a bogan Neanderthal so could be that

Obviously not allll FIFO are bad but it's likely an 80/20 scenario

Just cos it's someone's job to 'serve' does not make them a slave and common courtesy should always apply

• Like 3

So employee is annoyed because they have to do their job and not talk shit with their mates? Not like the beer comes from their pocket.

Difference with frequent flyers is that there is no longer a guilt asking for something when in actual fact it's their job to serve.

Employee annoyed cos FIFO bogans hitting on attendants, talking rudely to em and treating them like slaves. There to serve, but a bit of manners goes a long way.

As Al said, not all FIFO gonna do it, but you can imagine some of the guys on flights and in business class or the lounges compared to the other clientele who frequent these spots.,,

• Like 1

Just bought a Wii U.

What is exams? What is money?

Swaghetti Yolonaise, bitches.

Got Mario Kart, and now to continue playing the waiting game for SSB

Just bought a Wii U.

What is exams? What is money?

More like what is nintendo doing?

Dont mean to hate but the concept of that console is just so bizarre and makes no sense. You could throw all the IPs in the world at it and every game would feel like some iOS spin-off of the actual game. How you finding the tablet?

Haven't even had a chance to play lol, gotta go airport in a few, urgh.

Nintendo pretty much just survive off certain games being that awesome, haha.

No he didn't, you just got butthurt cos he was talkin smack about your scumbag bogan tradie brothers

lol @ your cheap shot, i'll bite anyways.

two points were made by Birds in his original response;

1. Serving a lot of beer - Its not coming out of their pockets & its part of their job requirement to serve, so how is that an issue? (Unless all they want to do is have an easy ride/shift)

2. Treating them rude - no disagrement here, not acceptable at any time.