SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

RS4 was no racing model when I drove it, my guess is the RS5 isn't much better.

30 more kw and another 100kg

Prolly similar

Still pulls a 4.5 second 0-100, would have been a good contest given my propensity to face diagonally until second gear!

Spend $20k to get both.

Bahahaha! Nice thinking Grant! But unfortunately not to be.

Which setup will give you more gains?

Both will give similar results, with the supercharger giving between 350-400rwkw but with bucketloads of torque on tap from basically anywhere in rev range.

Single turbo (either a Garrett GT4088 or equivilant Turbonetics turbo) will be pushing around that ballpark too, but more likely to touch and/or topple the 400rwkw mark. Being on a 6L, can't imagine a lot of lag but won't have the level or response the charger has.

Both will give similar results, with the supercharger giving between 350-400rwkw but with bucketloads of torque on tap from basically anywhere in rev range.

Single turbo (either a Garrett GT4088 or equivilant Turbonetics turbo) will be pushing around that ballpark too, but more likely to touch and/or topple the 400rwkw mark. Being on a 6L, can't imagine a lot of lag but won't have the level or response the charger has.

So similar power but with 2 different characteristics...

You after low down response or top end?

Spend half on each and you get both for 10 large?

:P

Going by that logic, I'll have a water-to-air intercooler installed, as well as the front mount air-to-air intercooler installed with the exhaust manfiolds, but no turbo and no sueprcharger. LOL!

• Like 1

So similar power but with 2 different characteristics...

You after low down response or top end?

Yeah basically!

Umm... both? hahaha To be honest, I'm not even 100% sure what I want, all I know is I have boost withdrawl symptons ever since selling my 33 and in search of my next boost hit :(

Personally I'd be going for the SC option, for a street car the low down goodness is going to be much more beneficial. Just change gears earlier ;) You'll still be going 200kmph be the time you run out of gears at low revs :P

Going by that logic, I'll have a water-to-air intercooler installed, as well as the front mount air-to-air intercooler installed with the exhaust manfiolds, but no turbo and no sueprcharger. LOL!

Do that, and film people (including finest constabulary) reactions when the bonnet is open.

Personally I'd be going for the SC option, for a street car the low down goodness is going to be much more beneficial. Just change gears earlier ;) You'll still be going 200kmph be the time you run out of gears at low revs :P

Hmmm true true. I would probably be swinging towards charging cos I've had a turbo 6 before, and the car is currently cammed so can say I've had a cammed V8, so I guess the only thing I haven't tried is a supercahrged 8. Hmmm....

bring to scotty and do it for less lol.

Hahaha you keep saying that! But how much can Scotty do it for though? A GT4088 is about $2.3k on its own, plus a decent cooler core probably about $600, external wastegate about $800, BOZ about $400. Add in lines, fittings, piping, tuning and labour and I reckon I'll be close to nuding the $10k mark anyway :(

Do that, and film people (including finest constabulary) reactions when the bonnet is open.

That'd be asking for an ass reaming LOL

LOL.jpg

Hahahahahhahah! You better believe it! ;)

• Like 1

:laugh:

Up to you I guess, I mean, it's a 6lt and as you know, it ain't short of low down torque.

Put the turbo in for some nice top end fun.

Well once it kicks in from the low down torque, it will still power all the way through.

You'd probably just start spinning the rear tyres a hell of a lot more :)

:laugh:

Up to you I guess, I mean, it's a 6lt and as you know, it ain't short of low down torque.

Put the turbo in for some nice top end fun.

Well once it kicks in from the low down torque, it will still power all the way through.

You'd probably just start spinning the rear tyres a hell of a lot more :)

Hahaha, yeah that's the only thing that is making me think supercharging, cos even though I LOVE the violent-ness of a car coming hard on boost with a turbo, the crappy commo would struggle to put that power to the ground I rec kon, even though it weighs almost 2 tons