SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Thought those kits were like $6k...

I would go supercharger, but only if roots type. The centrifugal ones are basically turbos anyway, just a little less laggy.

I think the turbo will be more fun and a roots blower better for drivability when you want to fang it.

Yeah basically!

Umm... both? hahaha To be honest, I'm not even 100% sure what I want, all I know is I have boost withdrawl symptons ever since selling my 33 and in search of my next boost hit :(

Reading this, go the turbo...it's obviously the spool and sudden rush of power from a turbo that you miss. Blowers are a more linear in their delivery! Though that centrifugal type will have a bit of a come on.

just pm him is all im saying.

mine worked out to be shockingly cheap.

I'm just assuming it's going to be way too much of a headf**k, especially with the crossover pipe from cylinder bank 1 to cylinder bank 2. Not doubting Scotty's skills, just trying to save him from a major headache haha

Thought those kits were like $6k...

I would go supercharger, but only if roots type. The centrifugal ones are basically turbos anyway, just a little less laggy.

I think the turbo will be more fun and a roots blower better for drivability when you want to fang it.

Yep, they're the eaton-style chargers and not the centrifugal ones (fake turbos I call them hahaha). I'm looking at the Magnuson MP2300 charger with 60lb injectors so I guess the $6k kit would be the ones with no injectors and using the smaller MP1900 charger :)

Reading this, go the turbo...it's obviously the spool and sudden rush of power from a turbo that you miss. Blowers are a more linear in their delivery! Though that centrifugal type will have a bit of a come on.

Turbo for that GATE

You boys are NOT making the decision any easier hahaha

Lumpy cam in a V8 with screamer? Should sound ok I guess haha :whistling:

VE GEN-TT Intercooled Twin Turbocharger Kit $ 7,995

if they sell for this in aus. they can be had for half price from overseas.

very easy to fit too.

Half? No way! Customs and freight will ream me to about the same price anyway won't it?

Also, I'm a f**king noob, I can't install that shit haha

Hahaha, yeah that's the only thing that is making me think supercharging, cos even though I LOVE the violent-ness of a car coming hard on boost with a turbo, the crappy commo would struggle to put that power to the ground I rec kon, even though it weighs almost 2 tons

If supercharging seems more straight forward and still retain the drivability, just go for that.

lt's still the same power out put yet can still use the power, for you setup.

There's a blown HSV out anyway...can say it's a rebadged version of that?

And now that you've told me it's roots style, go the blower. Leigh will agree.

someone say blown v8?

In my experience from actually owning turbo vs supercharged cars, I LOVE the 'rush' of power a turbo gives you (for me was my 33 GTR) but it has absolutely nothing down low, a v8 might fix that.. but you can't beat dem feels of full boost off idle too.

Making like 200+ rwkw at like 1500rpm means you can beat things without going over 3000rpm :D (ofcourse I'm only talking PD superchargers)

Around town / daily spec / less cop trouble supercharger ftw hands down love taking off from the lights no effort at all going through all the gears and being 100m infront of any other cars, fun / weekender I'd go turbo for the more 'lols'.

Around a track I reckon supercharger would be better with predictable power and straight curve, for skids can't beat supercharged v8 either :P

Both sound cool in their own way, I think turbo sounds will cause more cops to look at you though.

Edited by UNR33L

Do the SS's respond to strapping a charger on + tune as well as your GS did?

would make roughly the same power from what I've seen, biggest difference is my engine comes with the supercharger fitted on 'low' boost whereas an SS you're forking out another 10k basically. (not including supporting mods like exhaust etc)

the fact mine came with it from factory means cops can't touch me too, which is nice.

Edited by UNR33L

So yours was pretty much just a new pulley to up the boost a bit and tuning the stock ecu... then a few supporting mods. You had to do injectors as well yeah?