SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Could be leaking out of the intake manifold middle gasket... looks like that has pushed out the side a little bit...

Either way, shutup I want a new turbo

yeh that happened to my brother twice i think

if its pushed out, prob is that

Gasket leak could explain the noise, also the detonation I was getting on the track...

If it's leaking out boost, the turbo will be running harder to maintain the set pressure (16psi) and thus getting hotter and hotter... Right?

Would it also throw off the mixtures since the AFM is reading different to what is actually entering the engine? (though, in this case it'd be richer???) and it didn't seem to be running rich at all.

Will plug up my new Wideband on the weekend :)

Think I killed my turbo at Sandown... It's making horrific loud scream/whine under full boost, even a week later (so it's not heat related)

Bahhh :( Will pull it down on the weekend and see what's up :(

Otherwise it's 3076R time (or similar... suggestions?)

you fitted catch can yet?

Yeah I don't want to go extreme... Want just over 300rwkw on E85 and a nice safe tune with a heap of margin for error. I've had too many track days where I've had to limp along due to pushing the limits.

Catch can will be installed shortly as well.

Car is pretty much track only now (still driving to/from the track) so I'm not too stressed about how legal things are/look.

I have a slightly modified xr6t. Too big for the street i reckon

Ss2 should do aroun ~320rwkw which is enough for the street i think

same as my brother, its a bit laggy you really gotta drive like you stole it and keep those revs up lol

How much powah does your brothers car make? And on what psi? Int/ext gate and stock or highmount?

Think it was around 340 or 350ish? on e85 can't remember how much boost, he had it ext gate last time I saw him which was at least 6 months ago, low mounted.

Pretty sure the car is broken at the moment, had to borrow mums heh.

Edited by UNR33L

Yeah agreed, get so used to it I reckon even worst that mines so linear & auto I never get that sudden 'rush' of power just nek minit look at the speedo 200km/h

Toby you were looking swole last weekend brah. nohomo.

I gotta get back into teh gym more

Edited by UNR33L

Yeah agreed, get so used to it I reckon even worst that mines so linear & auto I never get that sudden 'rush' of power just nek minit look at the speedo 200km/h

Toby you were looking swole last weekend brah. nohomo.

I gotta get back into teh gym more

Actually shredding atm! So i've lost a bit of size.

Have had a shredding comp with mates for 4 months now. Ends tomorrow. ill reverse diet after that and put back on a few kg's and hopefully still maintain a low body fat %

Come to my gym tonight!

Leigh good life added heaps of powerlifting equipment recently, dunno if I told you since you asked me what it was like. No waiting for anything anymore!

Just don't do shit.

I can't hold all my shit in for a whole month...

i would to south east asia, better be safe than sorry

But I want to be a baddass like everyone else here too. :unsure:

Will prob, go to kmart tonight or something to find one.

is Huy electrical engineer? one of my contacts put this up yesterday: "Urgent - Seeking a Electrical Graduate Engineer for 6-8 weeks worth of work in Brisbane doing take off's for an Electrical Contractor based in Brisbane - Start ASAP | Please call 0408 138 011"

Mechanical eng here, if only it was mech I would be all over it! Cheers Leroy.

Mechanical...if it bleeds, he can fix it

Except if you're bleeding from the rear end..... I aren't touching that!

I always avoid crowded place, if need be I've always got my hands in my pockets holding the stuff. Yes, that's what I do in Footscrazy because it does happen all the time there.

Are the hotels trust worthy though?

I always avoid crowded place, if need be I've always got my hands in my pockets holding the stuff. Yes, that's what I do in Footscrazy because it does happen all the time there.

Are the hotels trust worthy though?

Try get a hotel with a safe in the room, and read the online reviews... yelp etc... they'll generally be the first place people complain if the staff are dodgy / dismissive of investigating thefts

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I did a pretty ruthless clean up before I left townsville. If it wasn't a part to suit a car I currently have it was sold or binned. I have all my stuff organised in big tubs with lids that stack from supercheap and bunnings depending on who was cheaper at the time. Parts were sorted by either chasis/motor/Fabrication/general/electrical. I have a mezzanine that's 7mx2.3m and all lives up there. Easy to access when needed and out of the way.  I also have the issue of selling and dealing with scumplace/marketbook was actually going to list stuff today but couldn't be bothered as been stuffed around too much. I generally let a few people know I want to off load stuff and people pass it on to others to contact me, generally easy sale and I'm never looking to make big dollars. Rather it gets used than go in the bin. Next clean up will be around Xmas and if doesn't go on the s15 it's going bar 2 sets of wheels. 
    • Did a little bit on the V37 today. I bought this LED kit out of the US https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/125953603618. Best I could find online but didn't look great, in the end the quality was pretty much right and it did come with locations for each light including rear number plate and a few spares. The factory owners' manual was also useful with information on where to pop each light out without damage. I prefer the LED look as I use it daily including at night and the LEDs are both brighter and the white light is easier to read with. Vanity mirror comparison, LEDs just look more modern The glove box was the only difficult one (and the only one that was previously blown.....), steps were Open glovebox 50% but not fully open Push up on bottom of the box to unclip it on both side, not screws or pins to remove Remove the top stays at an angle, right side then left, because.... Before dropping the glovebox totally, remove soft close clip on left Then, remove 7 screws to release the glovebox surround Twist the globe holder anti clock to release it from the surround In this case, the LED globe supplied was wider than factory and did not fit, so I ground down each side about 1mm then inserted it Last trick, start engine to check the LED polarity is correct, the globe only operates when the engine is running (whether the box is open or closed) I also moved the 4G booster and wifi across from the Fuga, a little frustrating as I could not find a good Accessories ACC source anywhere in the boot so I'll run a wire from the cabin next time I get a chance. Also, unlike the Fuga the external antenna wire does not quite fit between the rear windscreen and the body so I think I'll have to drill a hole in the roof to mount it. Probably not that interesting for most people so I'll just post once complete
    • Pretty sure I could do but it would need to be exported and reimported as the current import approval is race only. But in practice there are plenty of other practical reasons it can't be a road car despite their potential value these days like stripped interior looms, cage to cut out etc Nah, no mods to it other than updating the roll age to current regs. It makes about 350 (laggy) kilowatts on the N1s at 18psi which is enough to push it around the place
    • This is it, folks! Our final event of the year... The big one, you all know and love - Putty Road! It goes without saying, but this is the biggest cruise in our calendar each year! A nice long drive, with a hearty pub feed at the end! Do you need much more enticing than that!?!? So make sure you wash the car, get your cameras out, block out the calendar, and get ready! We know you're all as excited as we are, so make sure you lock in the details and date below: Date: Sunday 8th December 2024 Meet Location: Corner Windsor Road and Groves Avenue McDonald's / KFC (3 Groves Avenue, Mulgrave) Meet Time: Meet at 9:00am for a 9:30am departure Destination: The Royal Hotel, Singleton (84 George St, Singleton) Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-puttyrd Itinerary: We will meet at McDonald's / KFC on Windsor road and from there will head onto Putty Road. There will be a break at the Grey Gum Cafe (8679 Putty Rd, Putty) which we should reach at approximately 11:30am. For all the Newcastle folks this will be a good point to join up. From here we will continue on to Singleton for lunch. Please remember to fill up prior to heading onto Putty Road. There will not be a fuel stop until Singleton. To those running on E85, Freedom Fuel (old United) at Vineyard on Windsor Road has started selling there. At Singleton there is a range of servo's available including BP, Shell and Caltex. There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our many track days. This is an official SAU:NSW event and will be run under a CAMS permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there! 
    • Back by popular demand - we're lining up another Old Pac Run! Get your cars ready for one of the best night runs on the calendar! So without any ado whatsoever, here are the details for you to save: Date: Saturday 23rd November 2024 Meet Location: Cowan Truck Stop (Pacific Motorway - Refer to Map) Meet Time: Meet at 7:30pm for a 8:00pm departure Destination: Gosford McDonald's (65 Pacific Highway, Gosford West) Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-oldpac Definitely an easy one for this cruise, meet at Cowan Truck Stop and jump straight onto Old Pacific Highway! Final stop at McDonald's which has plenty of parking all around. Please be mindful of the added police presence lately so best behaviour is expected! There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our track days. This is an official SAU:NSW event and will be run under a Motorsport Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!