SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

I'm about a second or two slower than you on most tracks, I don't know how to drive yet though...

Will be repairing intake manifold gasket and switching to E85 to squash these detonation problems before the next day.

Got a wedding on the 31st of Jan, so no Philip Island WRX Round 1 for me... :( Was hoping for a late summer PI

Me too...

Wowwwweee $230 for the PI track day

Ain't so bad... its an amazing track compared to something like Calder or Winton :P

But then you also need to factor in another $75 in petrol to get you there and back, $120 (???) garage hire... PI adds up, but its worth it.

230 is actually cheap for a timed day at PI but it is a 85db day..so expect to be warned if there any loud wrx in your group..as they not going to warn their own people now are they.

that PI will not be in the MS championship as a bunch of us will be unable to attend.

but I know the guys are working on dates as we speak, with some big improvements over last year.

E85 only tune means needing to carry about 5 jerry can of fuel for the day

I see no E85 stations near PI :/

Lucky E85 is $1.03/litre at the moment lol

Filled up yesterday almost on parity, it was glorious

E85 only tune means needing to carry about 5 jerry can of fuel for the day

I see no E85 stations near PI :/

i'ld think you would need more than 5..

on 98 with only 2L I fill up as close to the track as I can and bring 3 cans...

and yeah no 85 near PI or winton

I have 4 cans.

I'd budget 1 x 20L Jerrycan of fuel each way to Winton or PI.

Which leaves me with only 80L of usable fuel for on the track. May need to invest in a few more Jerrys...

Still a bit concerned about fuel sitting for so long once I switch to 85... when I was filling with P100, I'd just use the remaining fuel to fill the daily over the next 2 weeks.