SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

What sort of times and top speed do you get up to on your motorbike?

I've seen around 250 on my speedo down the front straight, I'll have GPS speed next time though so I'll get back to you after my trackday there on the 27th. Should be able to get more speed with my latest mods, but will be cloesr to topping out so it'll be interesting, hopefully doesn't hit the limiter down the straight.

Times, my best so far was a ~2:05 I think... I take a few seconds off every time I go usually, but obviously that'll slow down as I get under 2 minutes.. My quickest mate does a 1:40-1:41, another around the 1:47 mark and then a few in the 1:55 region...then a few slower than me and one around my pace, at Broadford at least..

Stock fuel lines are fine in skylines

Might not even need pump and injectors as your turbo is only small anyway

Currently have a Walbro 400L E85 Compatible pump, and 550cc injectors and new fuel line in the engine bay... I've heard that you should get the proper E85 line for inside the tank though, since the inside of most lines can handle it, but the rubber on the outside generally doesn't last when its submerged.

Chris made it make a happy 278rwkw on 98 (then pulled back for track safety), and then the intake manifold gasket pushing out the side made it want to detonate on the straights at Rexmas. So going to fix that up and chuck some E85 at it to see how it likes it, either the turbo will taper off or injectors will max out. Hoping for the magical 300 so I don't start breaking other things while I'm out there.

ouch. Why not throw in a remax steel while youre at it?

For the $330 for the gears + $400 for the pump I may as well just get a better pump. On top of that car needs to be done by the end of the week so couldn't wait around for the gears.

It'll be fine, N1's only really break if it's an aftermarket balancer, or you get really unlucky.

• Like 1

I've seen around 250 on my speedo down the front straight, I'll have GPS speed next time though so I'll get back to you after my trackday there on the 27th. Should be able to get more speed with my latest mods, but will be cloesr to topping out so it'll be interesting, hopefully doesn't hit the limiter down the straight.

Times, my best so far was a ~2:05 I think... I take a few seconds off every time I go usually, but obviously that'll slow down as I get under 2 minutes.. My quickest mate does a 1:40-1:41, another around the 1:47 mark and then a few in the 1:55 region...then a few slower than me and one around my pace, at Broadford at least..

250km/h is bloody quick!

A mate of mine just came back from PI; his first time there and second track day...lodged a 2:17 for the day. I imagine he'll be cutting off a few seconds ala dezz with the next visit. Jelly cause I was supposed to go with him :(

As for ethanol, all you need is a fuel pump and injectors that can deliver it fast enough, and a tune / whatever mods to support your power.

That's it. The rest is a wank. Uncomplicated science that people - usually those who aren't running the stuff - make into a big ol' Poirot murder mystery.

I'm all about that E85, 2 years now, no treble.

• Like 2

Pulsar Speedo almost hit 240 at PI with 235kw. Sort of expected faster with bikes or do they really need more power or better gearing for 200+?

Can't expect them to match the pulsar brah

• Like 3

Speedos lose their accuracy above a certain speed; it's unlikely anyone looking at a speedo 200+ down the main straight of PI is actually doing that speed. GPS only way to tell.

I think it's easier for cars to come out of that last sweeper onto the main straight with more speed already built up.

Plus 600s die in the ass above 200, top out around 260-270.

As for ethanol, all you need is a fuel pump and injectors that can deliver it fast enough, and a tune / whatever mods to support your power.

That's it. The rest is a wank. Uncomplicated science that people - usually those who aren't running the stuff - make into a big ol' Poirot murder mystery.

I'm all about that E85, 2 years now, no treble.

I had the chance to put BioFuel lines in my car today with the engine out, opted not too because you're right, it's not needed!!

aye ric

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vl-turbo-/141531162467?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item20f3ea2763

lets go halfies, slam it on its guts, with a fat as f**k dose, just cruise around and flutter bitches.

Not gonna lie, it looks like my first car hnnngg..