SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

The policy's to fix the budget have t been that bad.. Students should pay interest on hecs loans the loop holes and outstanding balance is ridiculous

Paying $7 to see a doctor? No problem with that either

Despite what labor and the greens want us to believe there simply isn't enough rich people / corporations to slug more taxes on to cover the bill. Middle & low income will always feel the pinch as they are the most dependent and largest tax base and as much as they whinge figures showed after rebates / deductions they were taking out more than they put in...

I agree the loopholes for non payment of HECS should be closed, charging interest AND allowing uni's to set their own fee scales is a terrible idea. The last thing we want is a lack of educated people due to the fear of a small house sized interest accruing loan, and then importing half-ass qualified people from overseas.

Paying for a doctor is fine for some, but there are peope that genuinely can not afford this. Scheme was badly implemented by people who just simply can not imagine $5 being significant. Also GP's do not earn what people think... why not remove a good $50 from private surgeon medicare rebates instead for example? Or do the co-payment at tax time and base it on a $ threshold? Let's not forget Abbot/Hockey wanted to make it $20 aswell, and tried to slide it through quickly without people noticing.

High level tax avoidance loopholes needed to be closed as well. Remember that $800m we let Rupert take? And Ikea not taking a profit for a decade? There is PLENTY of cash available from big business. Not that I'm suggesting this is a budget issue, just that there is cash available.

Those 2 clowns Abbot and Hockey haven't even managed to pass half their hudget and the next one is due in 3 months. This is not due to Labor blocking it, it's simply because it's badly done.

I know you are dutily bound to like them as a one eyed liberal supporter but why not step outside the box one in a while? LNP in it's current guide is simply NOT good for Australia and unfortunately neither are the ALP.

Hecs debt should have interest on it why should the taxpayers fund it? It was a small tax rate anyway and it may help art students get serious. Setting fees etc I don't have a opinion either way but I strongly appose free money.

I'd happily pay $100 for a doctor doesn't bother me at all, and taking it off privately funded surgical procedures wouldn't generate anywhere near enough revenue.

Agree big business tax dodging is bs everyone should pay a fair share, but the reliance on the "rich" is ridiculous you could tax high income earners & corporations 70% still won't put a dint in the deficit.

The budget measures shouldn't be getting blocked entirely with cooperation they could be made amicable for all.

Private surgical procedurs arent entirely privately funded.

They also get a large rebate from the government for every procedure. I dont see why someone charging $1000/h and sometimes more still gets govenrment "assistance" in the way of medicare claims.

And you may happily pay $100 for a doctor, but what about someone on the pension?

There is no cooperation. From ALP or LNP.

If I remember correctly wasn't the doctor charge capped to a certain amount of visits? It may actually help reduce congestion at gps as people do rush down there for nothing alllll the time

• Like 1

This is the problem with younger generations they don't actually see the importance of who and how the country is run..

I blame the education system.

I blame the government for not incorporating civics and citizenship into the Australian curriculum, for all year levels until last year, and for not providing professional development for educators once it was finally included.

Saw this movie once about a dude that escaped from a lot of prisons, so they put him in this max security joint... ended up escaping from it by cutting a hole in the concrete slab ceiling in the corner.. Wanna watch it again but can't remember the name. Anyone seen it?

The Last Castle.

unless you mean the Arnie and Stallone & 50cent masterpiece Escape Plan?

If I remember correctly wasn't the doctor charge capped to a certain amount of visits? It may actually help reduce congestion at gps as people do rush down there for nothing alllll the time

ummm... you can claim medical on tax if spent over $2500 during a financial year ?

Saw this movie once about a dude that escaped from a lot of prisons, so they put him in this max security joint... ended up escaping from it by cutting a hole in the concrete slab ceiling in the corner.. Wanna watch it again but can't remember the name. Anyone seen it?

I think i know the one you are referring to... will yry to think of the name

The Last Castle.

unless you mean the Arnie and Stallone & 50cent masterpiece Escape Plan?

ummm... you can claim medical on tax if spent over $2500 during a financial year ?

I think i know the one you are referring to... will yry to think of the name

actually, I think I'm thinking of an ep of "Breakout" on foxtel

It might be something like that, thought I remembered it going for a while so thought movie, but I'm pretty sure it's a true story and told by the guy himself, so could well be a documentary.. I keep everything I download though which is why it's strange I can't find it...

not any more, that went a couple years ago.

so we found out after Katies surgery last year.