SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Turnball just announced he will run if a spill is successful.

Cryptic of course.... but it was there

I'd say it's largely irrelevant libs are cooked. Don't think people are ready to accept the necessary budget tightening undoubtedly they'll wake up when it's too late.

Not to mention memories are so short I mean the last labor gov was truly laughable you couldn't honestly credit them for achieving a single thing.

It's a shame the good things that have been done by the libs have been completely ignored

Don't happen to have a link to the rest of the series for download do you?

can't find it on kickass...

nah only saw them randomly on tv once, haven't seen the whole of both seasons

I'd say it's largely irrelevant libs are cooked. Don't think people are ready to accept the necessary budget tightening undoubtedly they'll wake up when it's too late.

Not to mention memories are so short I mean the last labor gov was truly laughable you couldn't honestly credit them for achieving a single thing.

It's a shame the good things that have been done by the libs have been completely ignored

You never know. I would say with MT at the helm they could make it through another term.

It also makes Abbot the scapegoat for anything that goes wrong

lmao @ paying $100 dollars for a doctors visit. How about you step off your throne made of gold and look at the people who are a single parent and mother of 2-4 children. Sure you could turn around and go "Well they shouldn't of had kids". But that's not even slightly fixing the problem is it?

Someone's gotta be poor, else rich people wouldn't exist. Cutting Healthcare, Education and Welfare is an absolute joke, 3 of the most important things a society needs to function. I can't wait until our university debts and healthcare system is an exact copy of America. $10,000 hospital stay for 3 days anyone? Woo-hoo!!

lmao @ paying $100 dollars for a doctors visit. How about you step off your throne made of gold and look at the people who are a single parent and mother of 2-4 children. Sure you could turn around and go "Well they shouldn't of had kids". But that's not even slightly fixing the problem is it?

Someone's gotta be poor, else rich people wouldn't exist. Cutting Healthcare, Education and Welfare is an absolute joke, 3 of the most important things a society needs to function. I can't wait until our university debts and healthcare system is an exact copy of America. $10,000 hospital stay for 3 days anyone? Woo-hoo!!

Not on a throne mate but first of all how often do you go to the doctor? Second it's a professional who's studied for years to be an expert and your offended at the thought of paying to see them? You need to get your head checked. $7 is completely insignificant don't tell me people can't afford that.

They are all important but i wouldn't consider welfare a pillar of society it's actually a drain on society and a hinderance to growth as so much money is wasted. The gp co payment was to benefit health the research fund is a brilliant idea..& education shouldn't be free why should your tax fund someone else's study interest free? If they ever pay it back... Big If to....

You can whinge and resist all you want but it's only a matter of time things have to change as its already unaffordable and it's only getting worse revenues are down across the board incase you hadn't noticed and we are a service based economy we barely make anything these days so it's a trend that's not going to reverse any time soon.

Not on a throne mate but first of all how often do you go to the doctor? Second it's a professional who's studied for years to be an expert and your offended at the thought of paying to see them? You need to get your head checked. $7 is completely insignificant don't tell me people can't afford that.

They are all important but i wouldn't consider welfare a pillar of society it's actually a drain on society and a hinderance to growth as so much money is wasted. The gp co payment was to benefit health the research fund is a brilliant idea..& education shouldn't be free why should your tax fund someone else's study interest free? If they ever pay it back... Big If to....

You can whinge and resist all you want but it's only a matter of time things have to change as its already unaffordable and it's only getting worse revenues are down across the board incase you hadn't noticed and we are a service based economy we barely make anything these days so it's a trend that's not going to reverse any time soon.

Hey...we could be a manufacturing country if people had the maturity to buy Australian made for the good of the nation.

Unfortunately a cheap purchase outweighs supporting the local industry :(

• Like 1

Sorry Al but you are wrong.

For you right now $7 is insignificant... that's great... but what about poorer people?

You can sit atop your gilded throne all you want regurgitating LNP propaganda, but what about real life?

What about the guy that was a successful businessman (perhaps even a real estate agent) who's wife died during childbirth and who now can not work as he needs to provide 24/7 care to his child? Perhaps he also had a special needs child? He is now trying to live on $~500 a fortnight. Even after the house is sold and the rent takes pretty much the entire government payment, a $7 doctors visit is still insignificant?

Or the pensioner living on the same amount that needs to see a doctor almost weekly for scripts etc?

Or the guy who got injured and now can't work anymore?

I can tell you right now when I was an apprentice working in fine dining I couldn't afford an extra $7. There was a point where i was getting paid $270 a week before tax, working 80 hours and paying rent. I used bulk billing doctors, paid my utility bills and bought veggies at the cheap grocer to get through the week. Money was well gone within a day of being paid every week.

I think what Matt was getting at is that it is one of the pillars of a 1st world society that we are able to look after our needy... and not have them begging or turning to prostitution like in the slums of India etc.

thus my comment that it should be charged but exclusions for health card/pensioners.

every one of those senarios above would qualify for a health card.

but those of us earning a decent wage pay a bit more.

win win.

Bullet to the head at age 65

Driver licence retesting every 5 years

IQ test to vote, must be above 100 Autocracy

2 children max, if you have a third then you get forcibly sterilized

Means tested welfare

Heavy tariffs on imported goods

Pay proportionate to work done

Close the floodgates to foreign investors buying their residency here

Boatload of people turn up, do not pass go, go directly into the army reserves

Multi-million dollar sporting events closed, money redirected to education and health

All problems solved

Means tested welfare

Multi-million dollar sporting events closed, money redirected to education and health

All problems solved

Tell me this again when you are 64 :P

Means tested welfare

All problems solved

If the government tries to pass all these bills at once... the result will be Double Plus Ungood <--- if noone gets the reference I'm going to be very Double Plus Unimpressed