SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

What happens when security rocks up and the crowd disperses? DJ makes a run for it too, leaving his $$$$ decks behind or...wait for it...stays to face the music?

I actually just got given a couple this morning from some early 2000's break in warehouse parties. I can link you if you want.

#illegalactivity

#hardcore

#oldtimeyrave

#nocareerinpoliticts

Do it fgt

courier/taxi driver, roads more,dangerous than your average war zone...20$ an hour on a good day, no super, no holidays, no every second Friday holiday...a shitty old 400,000km + company car

Dont give me your sob story

A courier isn't exactly qualified or skilled... Nothing against them, we can't all be brain surgeons, but it's unskilled work nonetheless.

Qualified line cook

4 year apprenticeship

$20/h

Working nights and weekends

But the worst part is that troubling thought in the back of your mind that you just cant get over. That constant stomach churning and deetp sadness you feel for those poor electricians.

I don't get the point of everyone telling me about all these hard and underpaid occupations/careers. They're underpaid, they choose to do nothing about it and cop it while their boss/employer takes home the cash. Unions allow workers to not just be bent over and f**ked in the ass by greedy employers and builders in my industry. They also put a big focus on safety, for real not just the shit you guys seem to think you know about, without having actually worked in construction.

Uni student

4 years full time

-$10 an hour

No job guaranteed at the end of this

Come to me when you pay to work fgts

My mate did full time uni to be a high school teacher... He worked pretty much the same hours I did at the time. Half day of classes on a Wednesday and optional tutorial or lecture or something on one other day of the week... Hardly a gruelling task.

Surely not as grueling a task as running cables provided it's safe, as in not to hot or to wet or to windy or after 4.00pm or every second Monday!

amiright?

pls dont bash me i just like to stir the pot

Edited by alr33x
  • Like 1

Still paying to learn

The only reason undergraduates (except arts students, they don't count) enrol in uni is the prospect of a good job down the line or entering an industry that requires it

It's a sacrifice up front and a shit one at that, made worthwhile if you see a good job from it but plenty don't and come out the other end with a low interest debt