SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Well if you read what I said you would realize it is because they don't get paid enough to care...

If I worked at 50% capacity and just didn't are about my quality of work, I'd:

a) Get fired for someone who did do a good job.

or

b) Never get a payrise to the level I wanted, because its clear I don't give a shit about quality of work and that reflects badly on me as an employee.

or

c) Not get fired, and slowly put the company out of business.

Usually those studying engineering

Its not just academic scores, its real world and people skllls they also seem to lack

Too many engineers in a service-driven country. Keep getting asked for job vacancies from every engineer coming out of uni.

Usually those studying engineering

Its not just academic scores, its real world and people skllls they also seem to lack

Haha true that, it's like in those years they study they somehow forget to communicate with other human beings.

Science is another one, pretty hard to actually get a job in research or something similar I would imagine?

I would LOVE to see you on one of the cable pulls we do on a regular basis.

The heat off rule seems to be one of the go to things for you anti union guys, but you don't seem to mention that we have to wear full length clothing, as well as gloves hard hat and glasses, covering pretty much every area that heat escapes your body... How often does it hit 35 before 3pm anyway? It's a very rare occurrence, which means those days where it's 34.9 for most of the afternoon, we sweat it out in the heat.

Rained off rule is even rarer. I'm yet to be rained off a job in almost 4 years.

We pay for our RDOs so another great point there...

Coz our job is guaranteed yeah... People get sacked in our industry on a regular basis. But I'm sure the media has told you the union protects us against that..

I wear a suit even when it's 40c (like a boss) & get rained on regularly as do many other workers and as for rdos who doesn't work more hours than they get paid for? Ain't no rdos for them though just called keeping your job for us unprotected working class citizens.

Me on a cable pull? Whatever that is hell to the no these pen pusher hands don't even refill the stapler :D

As predicted, fat lazy sales lady...sat there on her phone playing candy cruch or some shit while I walked 130 boxes up the driveway 2 at a time...well I did 2 at a time till my wrist got sore then did 1 at a time..

Honestly people wonder why they get fat...

Hopefully the tendonitis doesn't flair up again and put me off work and back on the rock n roll, I would hate to sit here feeling guilty that I cant slave boxes around while you all complain that you have to support people on welfare..

See I know how good i have it now.

growing up working on the farm, full boilersuit, and gum boots, working outdoors no matter the conditions.

and when I started getting paid a grand total of 3$ an hour.. (dat family business)

no unions 7 days a week work no sick days and low pay..

all so coles can sell milk for 1$ a liter.

so I'll enjoy my international travel, secure hourly rate and climate controlled conditions thank you very much