SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

hah i saw that the other day also! couldn't believe it....thought armin would of been in there and thought deadmau5 would of been higher tbh.. but seriously this wanker dj pauly d.. wtf, who would pay to see him..

Pauly D doesn't do concerts, he just does gigs at iconic nightclubs for excessive appearance fees. I know this because every 6 months some retarded club sends me an SMS trying to sell me tickets to an event featuring him...you couldn't pay me to go to that shit.

That seems like a very good set Martin, might need to save up for one.

Anyone here prefer to use metric instead of the imperial units???

Depends what you're working on, Imperial are pretty useless for Jap cars unless you have a f**ked bolt the right socket just won't go onto right as everything is in metric. If you're working on old school Yank tanks all the time though you'd probably find Metric are a bit useless instead.

The amount of cheap tools I've gone through...

Sidchrome set has not failed once in the now 2 years of having it

Kinchrome are great though cus dat lifetime warranty.

That seems like a very good set Martin, might need to save up for one.

Anyone here prefer to use metric instead of the imperial units???

Depends what you're working on, Imperial are pretty useless for Jap cars unless you have a f**ked bolt the right socket just won't go onto right as everything is in metric. If you're working on old school Yank tanks all the time though you'd probably find Metric are a bit useless instead.

what he said.

Metric for Jap cars, eg Nissan

Imperial for USA/old cars eg mustang, thus why I need both.

if your only touching the stagea you can get by with just metric.

Kinchrome are great though cus dat lifetime warranty.

depending oh when you bought sidchrome has lifetime.

they dropped it for a while but brought it back last time I checked (ie when I bought some)

broke one of dad's sidchrome extensions years ago, had massive breaker bar with a pole on a converter extension.

walked into local store got replaced no receipt needed. awesome...

that said the old man had the best set, every socket from 2mm to 1 inch drive 100+ mm (used for taking tractor rims off)

and some Kunt stole the lot one night.

heat makes metal expand, then when it cools it contracts a tiny bit and it breaks free.

just dont do it with an industrial blow torch directly on the CAS to remove it without asking the customer then tell them they will probably need a new crank when they pick it up like a certain workshop did to a member here

please explain?

<3 my Stanley tools. It's a basic set, but you could take apart a car with it and only $200. I love it because there's no useless tools I can't see myself using, like the cheap 200 piece sets for half the price. Plastic handles = easy grease wipe off.

My main tools are:

56(???) Piece Metric/Imperial Kincrome 1/2" Socket Set

8 - 19mm Ratchet Spanners ($60ish from Repco)

6 - 19mm Stanley Angled Ring Spanners

They've never failed to get the job done...

Sometimes one set isn't enough, eg undoing an exhaust bolt when you need 2 x 17mm spanners at the same time.

ujLCT8p8_original.png

?

Yes. One million times, Yes.

Hell I'd be happy with just the top section with a few drawers ^_^

my Stahlwille spanners are the bees niys

got sidchrome sockets for everything else, but could do with some ratchet spanners.

the Total Tools home brand ones do break if tested, but (depending on the warranty) will just give you another one right then and there. no paperwork and no receipt.

lol just heard a news report "Scientists discover a reason obese people may have trouble losing weight when dieting". Cause they don't stop eating maybe?