SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

SO car was written off but not put o the register..seems strange.

Repairable Write off...

Cheaper for just car insurance to do a write off payout than fix it (properly).

Thus why this sale is clearly dodgy, there won't be a lot of change from $9,000 o.n.o. if it was fixed properly.

WOOOOOOTTTTT MY CAR IS READY!

Time to go to the panel beaters and pick it up... Need to get there in under 50 minutes or the place will be shut... Waiting on a taxi to arrive now *impatient*

I've already called him saying I'm interested... Waiting on a call back... Will go and see it on my way home if I can.

Called him again just before... I'm going to go see it tomorrow... with Matt...

Shall record the encounter for the wasteland lulz

WOOOOOOTTTTT MY CAR IS READY!

Time to go to the panel beaters and pick it up... Need to get there in under 50 minutes or the place will be shut... Waiting on a taxi to arrive now *impatient*

So... my car had a camry reverse into the middle of the passenger door.

It went into the AAMI assessment center on Tuesday Morning last week (19th)

It was getting a new door, and bring resprayed at a place Monash Car Center on Princess Hwy

I get the phone call that it ready to come pick up tonight.

Went there to go pick it up and it all looked good. the paint colors matched and all was well.

Car was locked, so couldn't open the door.

Accepted the car, drove it home and on the way I noticed a "few" issues.

They've swapped the inner door panel, speakers, glass, etc into the new door. The tint on the glass is scratched quite badly and is peeling (like inch long sections peeling off)

The power mirror does not function at all.

The power window functions intermittently, I'm thinking a wiring connection issue.

The panel gaps are different from the top to the bottom of the door, it varies by more than 2mm from top to bottom.

Letting the door swing shut by itself, it stops with 10cm to go.

Once fully closed, the top of the window looks to be about 1cm lower than it should be, so it doesn't go into the slot where it should go, instead it hits the bottom of the fat rubber bit.

Honestly, how the f**k can a place f**k it up so much... *sigh*

Gonna call JCI tomorrow and rip a new arsehole out of this joint.

2mm panel gap on a 15~ year old car...uhoh lol

Who could even notice 2mm other stuff sounds fair enough though. Panel beaters would have given zero fks they are useless pricks

Edited by alr33x