SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

The finger print reader is pretty cool, though (5S).

tin foil hat time.....

knowing as we do that apple stored all of our locations where we travelled on the iphone 4 do you trust them not to store your finger prints too?

i f**king dont.

The iPhone 5c was rumored to be a cheaper iPhone for emerging markets and those who couldn't quite afford an iPhone 5/5s... but to me it looks like they've released it to replace the iPhone 5 (at the same price)... so that they could charge more for the iPhone 5s

It's now made mostly of plastic, which would reduce their manufacturing costs and increase their already huge profit margin

And damn, those protective cases look like crocs... and partially cover (but not completely) the iPhone branding on the back of the phone, which will create a sh!tstorm in their marketing/branding department

*waits for the new Nexus*

tin foil hat time.....

knowing as we do that apple stored all of our locations where we travelled on the iphone 4 do you trust them not to store your finger prints too?

i f**king dont.

They have mentioned that the fingerprint signature is only stored locally on the phone, it is never transmitted to apple servers.

I'm just waiting for people to come back and say "It's not reliable enough for every day use" or stories of people being able to unlock it using some life hack, like copying someones fingerprint using cookie dough :P

It is designed to replace the need to type in a complex AppleID password every time you need to authenticate for the App Store, iCloud etc... but replacing it with the fingerprint sensor is going to do is make them forget their actual password since they're not using it every few days anymore...

They have mentioned that the fingerprint signature is only stored locally on the phone, it is never transmitted to apple servers.

I'm just waiting for people to come back and say "It's not reliable enough for every day use" or stories of people being able to unlock it using some life hack, like copying someones fingerprint using cookie dough :P

It is designed to replace the need to type in a complex AppleID password every time you need to authenticate for the App Store, iCloud etc... but replacing it with the fingerprint sensor is going to do is make them forget their actual password since they're not using it every few days anymore...

haha! its like the old grease on the android screens.

when you had to swipe in a pattern to unlock the phones/tablets. all you had to do was look at it in a certain light and the finger grease would show you.

i can see it being very easy to hack, and alot of people loosing lots of things.

ive already said before, that the iphone 5 will be the last apple product i ever own. hopefully other people will bin them too.

I probably won't, but I'm not going to go out and get a new one until the contract finishes. For what I use it for it works so eh.

who's on optus here?

i've been on telstra only for years now, but optus have readjusted their plans to be somewhat in touch with the current technology (more data)

i have i5 on optus its terrible. even with full 3g the internet is slow as shit. can only get 4g in cbd's of capitals. and dont even try to use the internet at lunch time.

stick with telstra mate.

who's on optus here?

i've been on telstra only for years now, but optus have readjusted their plans to be somewhat in touch with the current technology (more data)

i never had an issue with optus plans, rather the lack of network coverage.

if that has changed then i'd consider switching back for sure.

who's on optus here?

Depending what you want to pay, I'd say stay on Telstra. I pay $115 a month (including headset repayment) for calls, text and 5g of data. Never exceed it and I tend to tether a fair bit.

I was on Optus around 2 years ago and I found the data terrible, and seemed to be roaming constantly.

Could be okay if that's rectified but I'd say stay on Telstra mate.

Older brahs.

Going through a crisis.

I dont want my car anymore.

Im considering stripping it.

Ill keep the wheels, skirts and pods and rb26 but sell all the other shit.

I used to love that thing so much. Doesn't seem that important anymore.