SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

what cars are in the 15-20k bracket that fit the following, looking at cheaper options to see if any grab me sufficiently to sway me from the 35k+ evo x

small/medium sized car, dont need a land yacht.

Turbo (minor mods will net ~200kw+)

decent factory options (if they have them and what), cruise, ok stereo, auto wipers/lights etc

fairly new 06+

can be had with fairly low km, 50-80,000km

so far the list is

Ford XR5 (5 cyl volvo engine (do rate), only comes in manual)

Mazda 3 MPS (good engine, bit laggy but makes butt loads of torque, only comes in manual)

WRX (has boxer engine, dont mind the sound, but not sure if i want that sound ALL the time)

Ralliart Lancer (Has DSG ONLY, but from owners of them i have been told the suspension is quite pedestrian as are the brakes)

MK 5 Golf GTi (Has DSG option, almost all have 100-150+ km, not the best of the GTI models, engines are a bit weak if modded much)

what cars are in the 15-20k bracket that fit the following, looking at cheaper options to see if any grab me sufficiently to sway me from the 35k+ evo x

small/medium sized car, dont need a land yacht.

Turbo (minor mods will net ~200kw+)

decent factory options (if they have them and what), cruise, ok stereo, auto wipers/lights etc

fairly new 06+

can be had with fairly low km, 50-80,000km

so far the list is

Ford XR5 (5 cyl volvo engine (do rate), only comes in manual)

Mazda 3 MPS (good engine, bit laggy but makes butt loads of torque, only comes in manual)

WRX (has boxer engine, dont mind the sound, but not sure if i want that sound ALL the time)

Ralliart Lancer (Has DSG ONLY, but from owners of them i have been told the suspension is quite pedestrian as are the brakes)

MK 5 Golf GTi (Has DSG option, almost all have 100-150+ km, not the best of the GTI models, engines are a bit weak if modded much)

FWD is for teh gheys....

If after reading this your list has narrowed to 2 options, that is acceptable

If it is narrowed to 3, then GTFO

For that bracket/specifications he'd only have WRX, not STi though... I don't mind the hatch look itself. WRX was gonna be my suggestion, though.

Golfs, would only want an R really but they're more monies... same with the Sirocco (also it's fwd... should have made it awd like the R)... maybe mkv R32 or GTD ?

Thought about any euros besides the golf?

Not sure on prices, and they're probably into large car territory, but fg f6 is pretty powahhh. Or maybe xr6t?

Or you know... Just buy the X :P

MPS certainly doesnt float my boat, even though im FWD biased. Ugly, large, relatively heavy and somewhat complicated engine from what I can gather.

XR5 turbo comes recommended, but I'd go a bit further and go volvo personally. 3" inch straight through, tune and LSD and you're done

tripping-balls1.jpg

whos the biggest wanker here...

the gym wanker with spindles.

the bro curling wanker in the back ground?

no its the phone wanker in the gym. f**k you mate.

closely followed by everyone who ever went to a gym.

Xr6t , don't mind them but it's large and I don't need a car that big.

Haven't looked at other euros, don't want anything horribly expensive to fix though.

2 votes for the wrx hatch

2 votes for the xr5

Xr6t , don't mind them but it's large and I don't need a car that big.

Haven't looked at other euros, don't want anything horribly expensive to fix though.

2 votes for the wrx hatch

2 votes for the xr5

my vote only counts for WRX if STI - otherwise vote defaults to evo 9 which I added to your list whether you like it or not

whos the biggest wanker here...

the gym wanker with spindles.

the bro curling wanker in the back ground?

no its the phone wanker in the gym. f**k you mate.

closely followed by everyone who ever went to a gym.

Lol why so much hate

Go to the gym, do your thing and go home.