SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

switched from nvidia card to ATi today.... having so many issues lol.

windows not detecting new card at all. theres only so many ways you can attempt to plug in a gfx card. and the fans are running so that leaves even less.

Should have gone a 2 x Voodoo 2 in SLI mode

Jokes i know nothing about gfx cards these days. Only in my younger days when I played Quake 2

• Like 1

Should have good a 2 x Voodoo 2 in SLI mode

Jokes i know nothing about gfx cards these days. Only in my younger days when I played Quake 2

knowthatfeel.jpg

buying the gear today and got asked a few questions... erased a lot of that pc jargon a looong time ago.

windows not detecting new card at all. theres only so many ways you can attempt to plug in a gfx card. and the fans are running so that leaves even less.

Did you diagnose whether it was a driver or hardware issue?

bad move bro, ATIs so many problems

I paid more for my 780ti than the high end ATI cards for the reliability

when are we playing bf4? wasteland squad.

Edited by UNR33L

Did you diagnose whether it was a driver or hardware issue?

pretty sure its not hardware... me and the rest of the ATi world seem to have issues installing and getting the drivers running. So i'll keep playing around with it for a bit more, then will format all my hdd's and work from a clean slate (which is what I'm doing tomorrow anyway).

lol yeah Leigh, will see what happens when I can get it running. before purchase should have browsed the AMD forums to see all the frustrating, unsolved threads.

dont play BF4. had some fun with bad company 2, then they shutdown all the servers when BF3 came out. havent played it since.

knowthatfeel.jpg

buying the gear today and got asked a few questions... erased a lot of that pc jargon a looong time ago.

dem voodoo 2's, so cool.

Dat top of the line smooth 3dfx graphics and anti aliasing back in the day

AsusExtremeN6600GTsSLIonaBudget-Liquid3D

Quake%2B22.jpg

• Like 2

pretty sure its not hardware... me and the rest of the ATi world seem to have issues installing and getting the drivers running. So i'll keep playing around with it for a bit more, then will format all my hdd's and work from a clean slate (which is what I'm doing tomorrow anyway).

lol yeah Leigh, will see what happens when I can get it running. before purchase should have browsed the AMD forums to see all the frustrating, unsolved threads.

dont play BF4. had some fun with bad company 2, then they shutdown all the servers when BF3 came out. havent played it since.

I'd say driver related also, was gonna say use driver sweeper etc. but if you're gonna format should be all good.

Fair enough. Yeah I've had more issues with AMD than Nvidia in the past, now I just tend to stick to Nvidia.

Easiest way would be to uninstall the drivers from the installer, go into safe mode and remove any trace of the drivers (software such as driversweeper can do this) and then reinstall them. You're reformatting soon though, so I wouldn't worry about it.