SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

The more exxy one has solid state hard drives, which are a lot faster to load shit than mechanical/normal hard drives.

I have a 128gb one in my desktop along with 2 x 1TB "normal" hard drives for media storage. You typically install the operating system and most frequently used apps/games on the solid state for faster access. Windows loads about 5-10 seconds faster etc.

SSDs also have a finite number of writes, so it's best to put things like apps on them that don't change and your data on the standard drive. But if you don't have a standard drive then it doesn't matter...

I went from an 8 year old Dell laptop to my current PC - my mind was always going to be blown with or without SSDs lol. But now that I have one, there's no going back...

I don't think it's worth $400 more for that upgrade. I only got one cause they are $130 in a desktop. You lose 512gb of space by not going for the other one, so for me it'd probably be a question of how much space I needed. Not that you can't get external hard drives but fk messing around with that.

SSD's die all the time, especially when used as an OS boot drive.

Honestly, unless you are using a computer in the field and you actually -needs- the extra few seconds ..... WTF even bother. Buy 100,000,000,999 TB's of SATA storage instead :S

Stock Availability:

• OnlineUnavailable
  • SunshineCall For Stock
  • ClaytonCall For Stock
  • HawthornCall For Stock
  • ElsternwickCall For Stock
  • FrankstonCall For Stock
  • BundooraCall For Stock
  • GeelongCall For Stock
  • BendigoCall For Stock

looks to be sold out anyway

SSD's die all the time, especially when used as an OS boot drive.

Honestly, unless you are using a computer in the field and you actually -needs- the extra few seconds ..... WTF even bother. Buy 100,000,000,999 TB's of SATA storage instead :S

Not true. HDD's actually have a higher failure rate than SSD's. I've also experienced this myself, never had to return an SSD but I've had multiple HDD's fail in the past.