SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Was Kate Upton that funny?

Might go watch it tomorrow with the missus.

my wife watched it.....I didn't

To much chic flick for me regardless of big titted Upton

I'll save Leesh attacking you lol

Living in WA puts her in the most expensive state for ongoing living expenses, it's all relative. There's a reason the FIFOs aren't saving that much money besides blowing it on coke and hookers.

Teacher work doesn't end when school holidays start either - popular misconception. They go into work all the time during holidays and spend a lot of their spare time marking work and planning lessons. Not just saying that cause my girlfriend is a teacher, but because I've seen first hand how much she works during the so called holidays; even has to bring work with her when she visits me. Not saying that I don't put in unpaid overtime in a non-teaching job, but it's a guaranteed necessity for teaching. That along with getting treated like ass by kids you can't even discipline or blame for most of the stuff they do. Can't stand up for yourself at all cause schools obsessed with pleasing parents these days and parents think their kids are fkin angel victims. You'd have to really love kids and wanting to make a difference to want to be a teacher!

agreed so many times over, few friends are teachers and they get standard 4 weeks holiday a hear like rest of us, but much mroe limited to when they take it, (ie the most expensive time to travel school holidays)

• Like 1

A colleague's wife is a teacher.

A friends husband is also a teacher.

She was the first one to say "once you're inside, you realise how much of a cakewalk teaching is. Every single one of those complainers is a union lackey who has never had to do real work or hold a real job" Guy teacher said YEEEEEEEP once I asked him if this was really true.

Actual quote from a (somewhat drunk) highschool teacher.

Perhaps vic is different.

Also Squires loft in Nunawading is actually good. Noticed this well before I found out who owned it. Considerably better than the other franchises making the 'same' food.

• Like 1

I imagine the shit teachers could take holidays whenever kids do, but they certainly won't last long in the profession!

I used to want to be a teacher for the holidays at one point in my life, but then I found out they aren't so great lol

A colleague's wife is a teacher.

A friends husband is also a teacher.

She was the first one to say "once you're inside, you realise how much of a cakewalk teaching is. Every single one of those complainers is a union lackey who has never had to do real work or hold a real job" Guy teacher said YEEEEEEEP once I asked him if this was really true.

Actual quote from a (somewhat drunk) highschool teacher.

Perhaps vic is different.

Also Squires loft in Nunawading is actually good. Noticed this well before I found out who owned it. Considerably better than the other franchises making the 'same' food.

They PE teachers? ;)

Vic would be different to WA in many ways, but unless your teacher friends are putting in significant overtime themselves (and just talking down to others / bragging about how tough they are), I think that's a bit judgemental of them without seeing how hard other teachers might have it. Cause I know Leesh doesn't make it up or exaggerate when she complains about what she has to do! Have had to help with reports and marking and it's a shit task done after the pay clock stops. And I wanna give some of the kids a good hard smack!

• Like 1

I'll save Leesh attacking you lol

Living in WA puts her in the most expensive state for ongoing living expenses, it's all relative. There's a reason the FIFOs aren't saving that much money besides blowing it on coke and hookers.

Teacher work doesn't end when school holidays start either - popular misconception. They go into work all the time during holidays and spend a lot of their spare time marking work and planning lessons. Not just saying that cause my girlfriend is a teacher, but because I've seen first hand how much she works during the so called holidays; even has to bring work with her when she visits me. Not saying that I don't put in unpaid overtime in a non-teaching job, but it's a guaranteed necessity for teaching. That along with getting treated like ass by kids you can't even discipline or blame for most of the stuff they do. Can't stand up for yourself at all cause schools obsessed with pleasing parents these days and parents think their kids are fkin angel victims. You'd have to really love kids and wanting to make a difference to want to be a teacher!

I could marry you.

I think one was an English teacher, the other one was History and PE actually.

I did ask them about marking and such, they both went psssh as though its wildly overrated.

I work in IT myself - I know theres a lot of slack jobs in IT and some that are fkin hard. Thus peoples opinion on what IT is like differs wildly from "HARDEST SHIT EVER" to "LOL CRUISE" which I imagine ultimately is similar to teaching in that aspect.

Every teacher I've ever met hates teachers who 'phone it in' every day with a fiery passion I reserve only for mac users.

f**k marking man,

especially when you've gone through that shit as revision, 2 days prior to the test, and half the class flunks the test, f**k that.

Summary of my 6months as a chemistry relief teacher.

Why fark that?

Do morals get in the way? Or bad feels about failing people?

Or bad feels about failing them as a teacher?

I do not understand these things, genuinely curious.

Lol. because bad feels about failing people.

And also general impatience with how stupid some of them are. My revision questions were the almost exactly the same as the test questions, with some numbers changed. Nope. can't get that shit right.

Also how students generally can't give a f**k about their studies either.

I think one was an English teacher, the other one was History and PE actually.

I did ask them about marking and such, they both went psssh as though its wildly overrated.

I work in IT myself - I know theres a lot of slack jobs in IT and some that are fkin hard. Thus peoples opinion on what IT is like differs wildly from "HARDEST SHIT EVER" to "LOL CRUISE" which I imagine ultimately is similar to teaching in that aspect.

Every teacher I've ever met hates teachers who 'phone it in' every day with a fiery passion I reserve only for mac users.

Well I don't wanna be judgemental myself, so it's possible they are both naturally good at their jobs and therefore find it a breeze...also possible they don't put much effort in or care about the kids as much, cause I guess there are some areas where if you weren't passionate about teaching you could find a way to make the job easier - like how much effort you put into helping problem kids, correcting all their mistakes and ensuring they know it to a tee before proceeding. Or how you can get a grad dip and start teaching just off a couple years of tertiary study (many grad dip trainee teachers are shit and have a shit attitude towards the profession).

Be interesting if they still hold the same opinions now that NAPLAN is in place!

Why fark that?

Do morals get in the way? Or bad feels about failing people?

Or bad feels about failing them as a teacher?

I do not understand these things, genuinely curious.

I think it's all the effort out into helping people only to have them fail in the end anyway...lol