SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

So yours was pretty much just a new pulley to up the boost a bit and tuning the stock ecu... then a few supporting mods. You had to do injectors as well yeah?

my pulley is still standard, the computer controls a 'wastegate' type valve that bleeds off boost from factory. injectors standard as well, only supporting mods I did was tyres and coilovers lol

If I wanted more boost from where I am at the moment would need a new pulley, but along with more boost would become more heat, needing intercooler as well, and at that power level need injectors as well! This is why I'm happy with 'only' 370rwkw

Barring shitty forced induction setup, I would expect a bit more power given an extra litre of displacement...

not really, the ford heads meant to flow a lot better I think, thats why they make awesome power from just 5.0l (something along those lines) the design of the LS engines pretty old school in comparison - michael the bloke with supercharged XR8 would know more about the differences

Edited by UNR33L

The problem with Leigh's car is that it's too perfectly in it's power delivery...see above. It still feels quick but not as quick as you are going. Your joy needs to come from smashing other cars, getting the tale out or getting to ridiculous speeds quickly.

The G tech picked up greater instantaneous G force in my car, which was a lot slower.

Which is why I say blower for drivability, turbo for fun.