SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

they do where I shop..usually under 30$

#dutyfreelyf

not everyone has the opportunity to shop at duty free on weekly basis

Even some duty free outlets are rather exy

Speaking of which rules changes will mean not much LAFHA anymore

my understanding of the changes means some companies using it as a tax dodge will be decreasing it. people like us who use it honestly and get reamed by the ATO anyway will continue using it as intended.

when I was claiming kms, meal allowances and LAHA my untaxed income was high which was punishing. why not just tax it all because its going to be taxed from me regardless.

listening to ABC radio today (only thing in reception) and it makes me angry that ABC spends all day interviewing and reporting on academics and political figures to talk about politics all day, all of who are basically in the public sector. everyone talking about what should be done, but nothing actually getting done. and no ad revenue means its 100% funded by the government. all the crap they were reporting and discussing could be summed up in a 60min program.

how about lets abolish ABC2, ABC3, ABC24 and ABC classical radio and broadcast important programs on commercial stations for providing unbiased *cough* national information. would it not be much cheaper and more efficient that way?

tl;dr: people paid by the government interviewing people in the government, talking about how to improve the government, broadcasted to those who pay for the government and/or are paid by the government.

• Like 1

my understanding of the changes means some companies using it as a tax dodge will be decreasing it. people like us who use it honestly and get reamed by the ATO anyway will continue using it as intended.

when I was claiming kms, meal allowances and LAHA my untaxed income was high which was punishing. why not just tax it all because its going to be taxed from me regardless.

Some of the changes:

1. You need to maintain an 'ownership interest in a unit of accommodation in Australia - not rented

2. Substantiation of all expenses

So unless you 'own' a property your going to have a bad time. And by bad time I mean your employer

free tax advice to offset your soldering work

The_more_you_know_banner.jpg

• Like 1

Some of the changes:

1. You need to maintain an 'ownership interest in a unit of accommodation in Australia - not rented

2. Substantiation of all expenses

So unless you 'own' a property your going to have a bad time. And by bad time I mean your employer

free tax advice to offset your soldering work

The_more_you_know_banner.jpg

its also limited to a twelve month period unless FIFO employee

Hai guys, CBF joining civic forum but anyone have expereince with EK civics and rims? Looking at buying some rims for the missus's EK Civic, probably either 15s or 16s. Not looking for poke or anything, just something that sits tight without tyre stretch and headaches like camber.

Hai guys, CBF joining civic forum but anyone have expereince with EK civics and rims? Looking at buying some rims for the missus's EK Civic, probably either 15s or 16s. Not looking for poke or anything, just something that sits tight without tyre stretch and headaches like camber.

I have an EK civic as a daily

Know nothing about them tho :P

not everyone has the opportunity to shop at duty free on weekly basis

Even some duty free outlets are rather exy

Yes melb is shocking Dubai not much better

Singapore one if the best.

Cheapest found surprisingly is Johannesburg but not worth the trip just for booze

Have been quoted $10k to supercharge my SS-V or $10k to single turbo it. Thoughts? :(

dude you are stanced on 245s, with either SC or turbo it is going to be the worst thing to drive...lol....SC will probably be worse on the street cause too much torque it will just light up tyres everywhere...i guess at least the turbo will give you some warning and time to catch it, before it launched you into oblivion...

My mate has a built LS7? , its a 7lt supercharged monaro.. he took the SC off cause it was just too ridiculous to drive... :rofl:

successful accountant judging by his scotch collection

Lol - not really successful but rather blessed to be working for good CA firms