SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Unfortunately automatic transmissions are a bit more complicated to do. To drain all the fluid out you'll need a machine to pump it out, if you do it yourself you'll never 100% drain it properly.

I've tried it before on my FTO and by using a few different methods the maximum I could get was 4.5L / 7.5L, it's a piece of mind knowing that you can get it 100% changed over.

DTM autos in geelong know how to do this (from experience)

Long way, but hey I lived in Hawthorn and went there..

I don't think there's a way to do it 'easily' though, it essentially needs to be running to flush the fluid out, and continually have new fluid put into it until everything inside it is new fluid. So if it holds 7.5L of fluid, you'll be using 10+ for a full flush as you can obviously never run the auto with zero fluid in it ;)

DTM autos in geelong know how to do this (from experience)

Long way, but hey I lived in Hawthorn and went there..

I don't think there's a way to do it 'easily' though, it essentially needs to be running to flush the fluid out, and continually have new fluid put into it until everything inside it is new fluid. So if it holds 7.5L of fluid, you'll be using 10+ for a full flush as you can obviously never run the auto with zero fluid in it ;)

Thanks for that. Geelong is a bit too far for a simple automatic transmission flush haha. Yeah I figured I'd need 3 bottles (12L) for the full flush, will have to see what else is local :)

Thanks for that. Geelong is a bit too far for a simple automatic transmission flush haha. Yeah I figured I'd need 3 bottles (12L) for the full flush, will have to see what else is local :)

greg always does things the hard way.

the jatco auto box is actually in patrols and shit as well, any auto shop should be able to service it, its nothing special.

Lol when you get them you'll think they look really weak. Then you will question them.

Then you will question life and everything in existance and you will start growing your beard and hair because you will assume the hair dresser and clippers are out to kill you

Soon you will stop paying your mortgage and rent..

And you will be on the street warning everyone that judgement day is coming and then you will look back at what birds told you and think "I should've just driven the f**king thing"

greg always does things the hard way.

the jatco auto box is actually in patrols and shit as well, any auto shop should be able to service it, its nothing special.

yep. Anyone can service it. All you 'need' to do is add it at the rate you're losing it, easier said than done lol.

Also, anyone want to buy a forged RB28Neo?

Now with actual seriousness.