SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Oh okay. Probably still the extra legroom row that they'd charge $60 for, just without exits.

One bag was 25kg, the other was 19kg and the limit is 23kg. She'd already booked extra luggage online for the second case. Then at check in got charged $70 for extra luggage cause one case was over limit (and they charged it to cover both ways, when she would have only needed one way even if she didn't purchase extra baggage online). She was in a rush so didn't question it, or have time to swap from one bag to to the other.

Ah that's crap. Sounds like something tiger/jetstar would pull.

Let me know how it resolves.

actually funny that.

Landed this morning from amsterdam with free business class upgrade ;)

Cathay Pacific looked after me nicely

never have that much luggage tho, as only travel for 2 weeks at a time I'm generally under 25 kg total.

actually funny that.

Landed this morning from amsterdam with free business class upgrade ;)

Cathay Pacific looked after me nicely

never have that much luggage tho, as only travel for 2 weeks at a time I'm generally under 25 kg total.

you probably don't take a 33 headlight in a suitcase either.

yeah did a heap of parts from USA one time, that was a pain about 44-50 of parts.

but USA they give you a stupid huge luggage allowance.

So whats the go? After all this you're going to part out and walk away?

it looks like he is taking the easy way out and going gtr.

why he would get into a slower car i dont know.

That car is cursed

It got statutarily (whatever) written off.

I did the math on whats actually in it, and how much the parts would cost if say, you were to buy them new. (99% of the parts on my car are new or very unused). That number was about $35,000 in just parts. (obviously selling them at 1/2 of new price to actually you know, sell them)

The wreck kind of didn't cost that much.

I kind of want something that will be EPA proof, I like 4WD for grip under power, and everyone always goes on about how manual is what you need to succeed in life, even though anyone who tried the auto thought it was suprisingly good.

I see limited logical options.

Other option is buy this: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1999/SSE-AD-2098166/?Cr=7&sdmvc=1

And put everything in there. But "putting everything in there" is a huge amount of time, effort, or money, and it's still smoke and mirrors hiding from the EPA, as opposed to having the same power (and basically same lag) and not needing to hide turbos.

5k in suspension in my r34 to obtain grip in the rear (which worked very well admittedly) or traction control via front driveshaft.

How much would it really cost to transplant 100% of a car into another one anyway? 5k? So 13K total (in this example) which still leaves me ahead.

But less ahead than buying someone's forged GTR as per here: (http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/444348-r33-97-gt-r-v-spec-series-3-29000/?hl=%2Br33+%2Bforged#entry7310159) or (http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/439783-r33-gtr-vspec-forged-engine/?p=7211282)

...and selling the wreck.

ofc if noone wants the engine, I'll have to put it in something. Shit is definitely doing my head in right now ;)

Wait wut? $5000 to swap shells? bahaha... Give it two weekends in a carport with no hoist and you're only out a few hundred in consumables and beer...

There's not TOOOOO much to go wrong with a swap like this...

Just getting it to a stage where it can be rego'd could be an issue, lol

Go to Vicroads

Sight new engine number.

That's all there is to registering it, as I've done that part before...

You'd replace every part though. Engine, Transmission, re-wire both ECUs, diff, half shafts, rear suspension, fuel pump, fuel pump wiring/relays, Radiator, Gauges.

I mean its doable, sure. Its just a lot of hours. Hours that a workshop charge a lot of money for, if you want it done right. I asked scotty about it and even he said "its doable but I'd have to hire someone, have you got quotes from other workshops?" which is all for....

a massively EPA'able (though well hidden) auto sedan, vs a car built up from the ground to be a 4WD performance car. That said, I'd have all the stock bits to pass an EPA, as I'd have a lot of spares with, you know, an entire spare car...

I have a 95% hate, 5% love relationship with this thing. I think I need to go for a spin in a well sorted GTR to see what the differences really are, as I can only compare it to a Stagea, a S15 with about 260rwkw, and a 1979 BMW, and an Evo X, none of which are similar.

The Evo X (210kw) did make me think I've been doing the wrong thing the entire time. Said Evo X driver said he disliked the Evo and really wanted his R33 GTR back, leading me down this path of "sensible" decisions.

Should I mention the previous two owners died shortly after selling it?

Should I mention my daily shitty Camry's previous owner also died shortly after selling it too?

Unsure if I have killed it, or the curse is getting extremely crafty, after I refuse to sell and pass it on.

I've said many times over the years "if I could do it all again, I would have got a GTR for 11 million reasons" and now the hand of god literally reaches from the earth to push the reset button.....