SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

I had the chance to put BioFuel lines in my car today with the engine out, opted not too because you're right, it's not needed!!

Not gonna lie, it looks like my first car hnnngg..

I don't know why ethanol is seen as any more corrosive than petrol.

Is it, Alvin?

Either way, 90s Skyline lines can take it and most fuel injected fuel lines should be able to, unless they are crumbling away.

Remember the Brazilians have been using this shit for decades in the same or lesser cars and would probably laugh at the superstitions floating about here.

A mate of mine has a few petrol stations and even he thought the stuff was evil for whatever reason, til I showed him my dyno graph before and after! Now wants to run in his race cars :)

Is it, Alvin?

Either way, 90s Skyline lines can take it and most fuel injected fuel lines should be able to, unless they are crumbling away.

Remember the Brazilians have been using this shit for decades in the same or lesser cars and would probably laugh at the superstitions floating about here.

A mate of mine has a few petrol stations and even he thought the stuff was evil for whatever reason, til I showed him my dyno graph before and after! Now wants to run in his race cars :)

Did a proposal for a biodiesel start-up for a business owner during uni. End result was that rubber hoses beyond 1975~ can handle ethanol. (I vaguely remember that natural rubber would degrade in ethanol) Only watch out was that ethanol cleans your fuel system so best to change fuel filter after a couple of tanks to prevent any blockages.

However this was in regards to switching from dirty diesel to biodiesel in trucks so shouldn't be an issue from ULP to e85

Easy way to test is grab an off cut of fuel hose and leave it in a container of e85. Monitor for any changes etc.

• Like 1

Pulsar Speedo almost hit 240 at PI with 235kw. Sort of expected faster with bikes or do they really need more power or better gearing for 200+?

I do the same with 300kw Lee. You must be flying out of that last turn.

I'm at 2.00 flat now, still trying to crack the 1.50's. What was your last time?

What times were you doing leeroy?

Think you asked me when I first started my build thread... Was first track day and cooked clutch 2nd session. Think around 2:15-25 with a lot of lost time on the hairpin trying to shift down gears lol

Took me a while to figure out why the clutch went so quickly. Previous owner had some happy times before handing the car over. I wondered why the almost unused RSR's were a lot rougher on the outside than when I first inspected it....

Gtrjet... FWD bro. Foot the floor just after you start the last corner

• Like 1

Fellas, it looks like nice weather tomorrow. Anyone want to go get ice-cream and sit by the beach during sunset?

byo sunscreen though.

I'm down for something tonight but weather is Shit. I have some of those twix ice cream things in the freezer... $3 from iga. Would buy again

The rest is a wank. Uncomplicated science that people - usually those who aren't running the stuff - make into a big ol' Poirot murder mystery.

f**kING SOOOOOOOOO MUCH THIS

Can't expect them to match the pulsar brah

lol

No

This

Is it, Alvin?

Big fuel were behind the rumors initially. It also didn't help that ANDRA (who 100% coincidentally are sponsored by race fuel companies) banned the stuff

That this thing is advertised for the same price my GTR was, is disgraceful.

To be fair it probably runs

Kill yourself.

with fire

Is it, Alvin?

the metal lines will be fine, its the rubber that may or may not swell up, its a litigation issue. most will be fine, but fuel lines are not expensive. so just change them?

Edited by xALmoN

Fuel lines in the engine bay are easy to change, fuel line in the tank (from pump to lid) is easy to change... Its the ones that go from the top of the tank to the hardlines on the body that are annoying. Partially accessible from the drivers rear wheel well however.