SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

just bare in mind here fellas, the gps hardware shit you use on your phone, is a once calibrated piece of junk.

use a seperate designed for piece of equipmunk, and make sure its calibrated.

also, enviroment plays a huge part in gps signal. so dont just rely on that.

not saying whats above is wrong, just giving you all the info.

don;t use the gpn on the phone,

I use an external 10Hz GPS reciver liked to racechrono on android.

the lap times are withing .1 of a second of the track ones, (think it more due to the start stop line in racechrono is not the same as the beam they use for our track days)

so think the results are fairly accurate.

assumed that but thought would clarify.

when I used the GPS jsut on the phone times were more than a sec out from lap times, the external GPS as mentioned brought it down to sub .1 so I'm happy for the time being.

• Like 1

If you need to be accurate to less than 1/10 of a second for recreational racing... you need to get a life lol

If you want an accurate representation of how well a different line through a corner effects your time, then having an accurate GPS is pretty important.

I use a 10Hz Bluetooth module as well, stuck to the top of my windscreen, because I have my phone wrapped up in my centre console and GPS Reception when you're inside a big metal cage isn't ideal.

Lap times can be within a 0.1 seconds... however things like top speeds and corner speeds go absolutely retarded if you've got a poor signal and it thinks your bouncing all over the track.