SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

So there are these videos on YouTube of peoole opening kinder surprises that are held inside larger colourful balls, like a babushka (sp?) Doll setup. Its just a closeup of the hands with bad music... kids LOVE them.

Orlando is currently sitting with my work laptop completely enthralled by this shit.

There are thousands.

Aparently the inventor is minted now :0

So there are these videos on YouTube of peoole opening kinder surprises that are held inside larger colourful balls, like a babushka (sp?) Doll setup. Its just a closeup of the hands with bad music... kids LOVE them.

Orlando is currently sitting with my work laptop completely enthralled by this shit.

There are thousands.

Aparently the inventor is minted now :0

Yeh the Disney toys or whatever - minted to the tune of $5 million! Was on radio the other day.

i laugh at the violent protests undertaken by uni students the other day/week.

"bunch of people hurt and a blind woman has been hit in the face" or something. she probably either a) got swept up by uni people, tried to get help from police and was mistaken for arrogant youth or b) got clipped by a bicycle and a journalist included her in the casualty list.

but seriously, lets make university affordable and drain the government so more people can sit on youth allowance and then not be able to get a job afterwards because the world needs more Environmental Scientists and law clerks.

it should be for people who work hard or pay their way. not little Annie who took a gap year after high school to travel to greece on some inheritance money, do 2 years of arts before discovering herself and then studying social science part-time for 4 years.

Japan has similar issues. bringing in foreigners to do the work that no locals want to do, and the skilled workers (mostly men) dont like foreigners (brazilians, latins) working for their company. And the emphasis on straight-A schooling over there, where the women often exceed in schooling, study, get a job and once married then become homemakers.

• Like 1

There's a wheels on the bus nursery rhymes video on YouTube with 350 million views

54 minutes long

Obviously parents trying to put their kids to sleep

But someone is rich

It'll be -$20/h with interest if Al gets his way :P

-$30/h once you factor in the cost of beer at the uni bar between lectures.

Yeah... that ain't work... It's not work unless you're sneakily browsing facebook, VWL and redtube

• Like 3

i laugh at the violent protests undertaken by uni students the other day/week.

"bunch of people hurt and a blind woman has been hit in the face" or something. she probably either a) got swept up by uni people, tried to get help from police and was mistaken for arrogant youth or b) got clipped by a bicycle and a journalist included her in the casualty list.

that kind reminds me of something.......

:whistling:

uni =/= work

Uni = uni

Also, it's very obvious what background people have when they type like this :P

=/= means accounting background

!= or <> means computing / programming background

"what the hell does that mean" means farming background

• Like 1

I am at work right now then.

(actually at work... for the government)

The problem with most governments, Australian, American, and most others is this:

People don't try and govern for a better country a decade after their term is complete.

That's the issue.

People don't vote for the best country in 2035.

People don't make policies for the best country in 2035.

If people voted and made policy for the long term, we'd be living in a better country, both now (because people in 1995 would have thought about it), and in 2035.

• Like 2