SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Greg, agreed...

Same with reducing the road toll... instead of blaming hoons and speed, try increasing the level of driver training... Most people don't even know how to react in an emergency situation or when ABS kicks in. I've always said that the best thing to do would be to make every learner driver attend a Level 1 and Level 2 Defensive driving course because they could get their P's... Actually getting into slides and recovering from them without just panicing and crashing, government subsidised so they are only $50 or so out of pocket.

But it's never going to happen because the government won't have any usable data after only 3 years that they can bring to the next election. It won't make a difference until 10-20 years later once the road toll actually decreases.

• Like 1

That video i posted is the problem with politics.

There is no way i could ever be a politician. It woildnt matter what side of the fence i sat on there would be video's ans photo's of my past that would destroy me.

That is another problem, the problem with politics is politics.

Logically people aren't the same people now that they were at 20. I don't know anyone who is.

Therefore, why should they be expected to be?

How did Bill Clinton's conduct with interns affect his ability to run a government?

It doesn't.

No-one would really argue on a factual basis that it would.

Yet, the incessant bullshit surrounding politics, ruins politics.

If people just let them do their damn job, and their competency was the only thing that mattered, and people laid out plans to set the country up well after they were gone...

... and people understood that

we'd all be better off.

Re: Driving

Only takes about 20 minutes in Germany to realise they understand the concept of personal responsibility.

Human beings aren't as dumb individually as "people" would have you believe.

Alcohol in Check out lanes? its fine.

Driving 200kmh to work on roads no better than the Monash? its fine.

Letting off fireworks in the middle of the streets while drinking? its fine.

There's a culture of personal responsibility there.

Are Germans just naturally a bit smarter and able to handle these things that would make Australian police and news scream OH GOD THINK OF THE CHILDREN WHAT A DISASTER! or are we just America 2.0 full of nanny state PROTECT THE KIDS HOLY SHIT WHAT WOULD GOD THINK?

A little bit of reason would go a long f**king way to running a country instead of people bitching about what is said on twitter or what clothes the leader of a country is wearing.

• Like 1

That is another problem, the problem with politics is politics.

Logically people aren't the same people now that they were at 20. I don't know anyone who is.

Therefore, why should they be expected to be?

This especially shits me with people that blindly "love" everything a band/singer does over 30+ years especially when their sound changes a lot.

The chance that in that time your music tastes ran in parallel is pretty slim....

Take Madonna for example...

Also, it's very obvious what background people have when they type like this :P

=/= means accounting background

!= or <> means computing / programming background

"what the hell does that mean" means farming background

I think I just got insulted....

There is no way i could ever be a politician. It woildnt matter what side of the fence i sat on there would be video's ans photo's of my past that would destroy me.

They'd just get all my posts of sau my ship would be well and truly sunk

lol

Also, it's very obvious what background people have when they type like this :P

=/= means accounting background

!= or <> means computing / programming background

"what the hell does that mean" means farming background

^^^ nerd background

Re: DrivingOnly takes about 20 minutes in Germany to realise they understand the concept of personal responsibility.Human beings aren't as dumb individually as "people" would have you believe.Alcohol in Check out lanes? its fine.Driving 200kmh to work on roads no better than the Monash? its fine.Letting off fireworks in the middle of the streets while drinking? its fine.There's a culture of personal responsibility there.Are Germans just naturally a bit smarter and able to handle these things that would make Australian police and news scream OH GOD THINK OF THE CHILDREN WHAT A DISASTER! or are we just America 2.0 full of nanny state PROTECT THE KIDS HOLY SHIT WHAT WOULD GOD THINK?A little bit of reason would go a long f**king way to running a country instead of people bitching about what is said on twitter or what clothes the leader of a country is wearing.

I llke this guy..hes a thnker...though not sure if I should encourage him...

1424130221.0191.iPicit.jpg

Shocking new pics reveal anti-drug campaigner Senator Hampton hosted ecstasy fuelled parties in his early 20s

#hatergate

• Like 3