SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

The heat / rain / RDO stuff is fair. Helps that I like you though..

I wonder how many of those people sacked face that outcome because the employer can't afford the wages that result from union bully tactics (or if they are genuine flogs who hide behind the union and try to blend in with the decent blokes like dezz)

Considering what our companies charge us out at, I don't think it's an issue. People get hired and fired with the rise and fall in work. It's the nature of the industry, the union doesn't stop it happening, they can't, they just see that the proper notice is given etc

For example, at the moment Downer and Stowe have the lionshare of the work...Their guys get paid the same we do obviously.

My company has most of the work at the airport, but those jobs are expected to finish mid year. Obviously there's always more work to be won at the airport, but it's not a given that the contractor their currently will get the next job...

As my companies jobs finish, and if they don't win some more to keep the current amount of sparkies on the books, people will be made redundant (around 100 have already been made redundant in the 3.5 years I've been there) Some get re-hired, some are no good and don't come back, and others were just unlucky to be the one to go, and will more than likely get a job with whoever has most of the work at the time.

It's pretty rare that someone in my industry works for one company their whole career

So I thought I might do some trolling in the news.com.au facebook site to keep the left/right balance... Holy shit! I couldn't bring myself to reply to the epic stupid... ALL OF THE STUPID.

Admittedly I jumped into the deep end by going for an article about the Bali 2, but I thought it would be at least in actual English...

Never before have I seen the word "use" (meaning for some reason the plural of you) written so frequently... Not to mention "U" and "R" etc etc.

The pointlessly vitriolic commenters and holier than thou Internet tough guy's were virtually the only commenters with a reasonable point either for our against being made maybe once per 10 replies.

It was just bogan australia at it's worst... The kind of people that treat ACA as a reputable news source.

I thought the age was bad...

It made the age comments seem like a freaking pulitzer prize contest!

When you consider this is who they aim their articles at... well you know where I'm going with this...