SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Only a liberal supporter would complain about having more public holidays....

No anyone who knows anything about how the world works would see it's not necessary puts pressure on business - the people who employ you no doubt.

• Like 1

No anyone who knows anything about how the world works would see it's not necessary puts pressure on business - the people who employ you no doubt.

Yep and having a day off work to relax and sink some piss releives pressure on everyone else - the people doing all the work no doubt

Besides alot of small businesses thrive on public holidays because everyone gets bored and goes shopping, or goes visiting small country towns and helping tourism..

So your point is now...less valid. :P

Edited by ARTZ

Yep and having a day off work to relax and sink some piss releives pressure on everyone else - the people doing all the work no doubt

Besides alot of small businesses thrive on public holidays because everyone gets bored and goes shopping, or goes visiting small country towns and helping tourism..

So your point is now...less valid. :P

Spose your overlooking the fact the the people working have to be paid penalties (thanks unions) so in many cases small businesses don't bother opening as its not financially worth it. So instead of making $15 an hour the law says they must make $30 (or more) so boss says fk it won't open and guess who actually loses out? The casuals & employees who get nothing despite the fact they might have been happy to get $15... This is why I dislike unions.

The people doing all the work as you put it get plenty of R&R what about the boss what do they get? All the money you'll say but speak to small business ask them how they are doing you'll be mightily surprised.

Side note dominated political studies & legal studies and I didn't go to a public school so it's unlikely I had labor voters teaching me.

Edited by alr33x

I'm.not an idiot Alex...And our family has a number of small.businesses and yes they work very hard 7days a week..too hard some would say

And here I think inlies part of the problem...too.many people are working far too hard and need to take more time for RnR...

But that is a choice they make when starting a small business, And the only reason people start a small business is the hope it will one day be a big business...but not everyone can have a big business can they?...If you want to do they hard yards in hope tho go for it...But you have to look after the other guys as well, the guy who is just working ti feed his family and has no desire to have a big business..

Anyway, you keep cracking your whip and being a slave to the dollar if that is your prerogative...I just want another day off work and I dont care if I have to pay for it. ;)

Edited by ARTZ
  • Like 1

And see here inlies another problem with small businesses...too many of them get overwhelmed..they try to take on too much work instead of taking enough to survive

Them the job suffers, the employees suffer and ultimately they end up workmg too hard for nothing..

Then they turn and blame things like public holidays and the government for their downfall..

Edited by ARTZ

99% of small business aren't striving to be big business though just families and cafes trying to get by im sure your family would know all about it having small business.

Anyway, I'm gunna put my fingers in.my ears now....lallalallalallalala...

I want more public holidays, ain't nothing you say gunna change that... :nyaanyaa:

Geez and they call me old man...school, work....its all things we do out of necessity...

But dont worry, I'm.nit all fun and games..I didn't approve that big tunnel they wanted to build...

I mean it was supercool and all..but there is many more economical ways to solve our traffic issues..