SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

The knighting was stupid and just the straw that broke the camel's back. If it had happened 6 months ago no one would have really cared TBH.

It was more about him making a "captains call" than the actual knighthood.

As you said it was totally out of proportion, however he only has himself to blame for that. He has created the hatred by being a complete spanner for a solid 12 months and people are out for blood. TA farts wrong and it will be in the papers now.

I think not knowing the tax free threshold os probably of no consequence to the federal budget or him doing his job should he become treasurer, but as far as public opinion goes it's a disaster lol. It's not hard to remember and he should have known it.

Was nowhere near as good as the George Brandis interview on metadata though.... that was epic

I guess my point is "public opinion" has no real bearing on the ability for the Government to function, or for people to do their jobs.

Given "public opinion" is what dictates whether people stay in their jobs, there's a massive disconnect between people's ability to do their job, and the function that gives them the job.

That's the problem with the entire system.

• Like 1

^

Spot on because if it was linked to performance we wouldn't have a labor gov for another 100 odd years..

The whole system needs changing libs got voted in fair and square but due to labor and greens can barely get anything done because of side deals the public has no say in.

Edited by alr33x

I guess my point is "public opinion" has no real bearing on the ability for the Government to function, or for people to do their jobs.

Given "public opinion" is what dictates whether people stay in their jobs, there's a massive disconnect between people's ability to do their job, and the function that gives them the job.

That's the problem with the entire system.

I'd like to extend this to athletes, television personalities, politicians and pretty much anyone who does anything outside of their place of business that gets used to judge their suitability for a role...when most of the time what they did has zero impact on it and the media are to blame for blowing anything out of proportion.

Worst are football players swearing on the field or doing silly things and the media making front page news of it saying it's a disgrace and the public shoukdnt be exposed to this kind of behaviour, which is why we're exposing it as much as possible DERP

That whole fking Adam Goodes gorilla thing, and the flamin mongrel gets Aussie of the year because of the media and nothing else

Man I reckon goodes looks like an ape but I never knew it was racist till he picked on a 14 year old girl..

Can't stand the bloke turned into the biggest flog in Aus... (After tony abbot amirightguys?)

Edited by alr33x