SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

The world will slowly but surely gravitate towards the dystopian future depicted in Equilibrium...tis only a matter of time and the reason we won't be scared of it is because it'll be such a slow, drawn out process.

The scary thing is that that movie is less a vision of a potential future and more an analogy of what we already do as a society - popping pills to keep emotions in check, censoring art and opinion, restricting choice and seeking out and destroying anything that threatens this.

/orwellianparanoid

Am curious if multinational organisation would sue poverty stricken child with Facebook provided internet access out of principle

FB armchair / feel good activists en masse

Define seed though....

Is that for while you are downloading or only if you don't stop it afterwards?

Seeding vs Leeching is only a term to distinguish between connected and sharing pieces, and connected to the tracker with 100% of the pieces...

You're guilty the moment you connect to the tracker, because you can't connect without SOME of the file (included in the initial .torrent file)

Define seed though....

Is that for while you are downloading or only if you don't stop it afterwards?

I mean after it's done

I foolishly didn't bank on Simon the IT nerd coming in to ruin my joke lol

• Like 1

That's what i mean. I could download a movie and stop my client/delete the file the second it is finished and they could still say i seeded it...

Or do they look into if further and focus on people who seed long term?

But aren't you seeding while you're downloading? Hence the uploads. Or is that defined as a different term?

It may, or may not though.

Seeders, in general would have 100% of the file, and are sharing 100% of the file, and you could arguably identify and say that you're illegally providing/distributing the file for others, once you have 100% of an item.

It makes it a bit easier to go after seeders, legally, due to that.

It may, or may not though.

Seeders, in general would have 100% of the file, and are sharing 100% of the file, and you could arguably identify and say that you're illegally providing/distributing the file for others, once you have 100% of an item.

It makes it a bit easier to go after seeders, legally, due to that.

Yeah, but you are always seeding when you have 100% of a file... even if it's just for 1 second before you stop it.

my point is will they go after THOSE people...