SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

I don't wanna go fixed and have the repayments capped...

What's a realistic variable rate to go for Hamish/others with lower variable rates than me?

I'll call em up and if I can't get it or near it I'll bite the bullet and change banks. Might move all my accounts, credit cards, insurance etc too

Just have a look around Dezz...

Ubank are offering 4.29% comparison. It's also a safe option as they are ALWAYS one of the lowest.

CBA won't do much to help. It's always worth asking if they can match Ubank, but it's a big jump.

They are good with minor pricing discretion, but half a % might be pushing it.

CBA don't WANT to be the cheapest, which is why they aren't. With CBA you get a service that other banks can't offer, but it is never the cheapest.

Still look into fixing dezz. With current rates it's the right time as it's only going up. Just need to find someone that offers a good fixed rate WITH a 100% offset account. Not all lenders do them but it gets around the extra repayments issue.

Just need to be 101% sure you aren't going to want to sell before the term is up.

Just have a look around Dezz...

Ubank are offering 4.29% comparison. It's also a safe option as they are ALWAYS one of the lowest.

CBA won't do much to help. It's always worth asking if they can match Ubank, but it's a big jump.

They are good with minor pricing discretion, but half a % might be pushing it.

CBA don't WANT to be the cheapest, which is why they aren't. With CBA you get a service that other banks can't offer, but it is never the cheapest.

I don't even know what the comparison rate means. If it's not the rate I'm getting, why are they quoting it?

What service is that exactly? I'm not unhappy with CBA, apart from wanting a lower rate, but apart from actually lending me the money, they don't really do anything else for me service wise..

Still look into fixing dezz. With current rates it's the right time as it's only going up. Just need to find someone that offers a good fixed rate WITH a 100% offset account. Not all lenders do them but it gets around the extra repayments issue.

Just need to be 101% sure you aren't going to want to sell before the term is up.

Plan is to keep it as a rental if/when I move onto something bigger/better ...

I gather a fixed rate loan with a 100% offset account means my extra repayments may be capped, but I just put that money in the offset account which is the same as paying it straight onto the loan anyway?

At the moment I just put it on the loan (pretty much just use my home loan account as a savings account)

I don't even know what the comparison rate means. If it's not the rate I'm getting, why are they quoting it?

Comparison rate is the total of what you pay (fees, charges, interest) expressed as a percentage for the purpose of comparing products.

In a nutshell it is now a legal requirement to display it and it is the only figure you should be looking at in 99% of cases

What service is that exactly? I'm not unhappy with CBA, apart from wanting a lower rate, but apart from actually lending me the money, they don't really do anything else for me service wise..

Mostly fluffing... It's just that you walk into any CBA and you get served very quickly, loan apps are processed much faster etc.

it's nothing that you "need" however it's their business model and their shares are worth 11ty billion so it's unlikely to change in the near future.

Personally I don't care for "service" and am happy to go with a bank that takes longer but is cheaper.

I gather a fixed rate loan with a 100% offset account means my extra repayments may be capped, but I just put that money in the offset account which is the same as paying it straight onto the loan anyway?

At the moment I just put it on the loan (pretty much just use my home loan account as a savings account)

Exactly... which is why most banks don't offer it, or if they do it's a 1 or 2 year deal only.

Just be sure to check the exit fee situation if they offer 12 months only as you may want to move once the welcome mat is pulled out from under you.

• Like 1

this beamer has a little vent in the glove box, that can constantly blow cold air into it, to keep drinks chilled.

what a time to be alive.

this beamer has a little vent in the glove box, that can constantly blow cold air into it, to keep drinks chilled.

what a time to be alive.

In before RB26 conversion... And spun bearings. :P

I rarely go to the branch, i'd say maybe once every month or two if that, and it's usually on an RDO so rarely busy anyway..

I'll have to call up and see what they'll offer... It'll drop to 4.75% on the 13th but pretty sure Tobes said he was getting like 4.45% before this latest cut

In before RB26 conversion... And spun bearings. :P

my panel beaters got an E60 M5 sitting there waiting to get fixed...

that f**king v10 though.

I rarely go to the branch, i'd say maybe once every month or two if that, and it's usually on an RDO so rarely busy anyway..

I'll have to call up and see what they'll offer... It'll drop to 4.75% on the 13th but pretty sure Tobes said he was getting like 4.45% before this latest cut

Yeah only got that low as I had in writing an offer from NAB

Otherwise I would be on about 4.65% i think (before recent rate cut)

I was on 4.55% less rate cut .22% = 4.33%

Yeah only got that low as I had in writing an offer from NAB

Otherwise I would be on about 4.65% i think (before recent rate cut)

I was on 4.55% less rate cut .22% = 4.33%

I'm on 4.6 at the moment haven't been notified of any change with recent rate cut presume it may drop .2-.25

what a time to be alive.

My mate had same model 530 you just got .. I drive shit itself after an update 7k down the drain.

Would never by a 'prestige' car without warranty Tis asking for trouble