SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

been checking out VW golfs all day... Mk5 seems a smarter buy than anything else. Mk7 is pretty cheap for a new-ish car but so much crap (read "features") comes with them.

For interior/looks, nothing really competes with VW in the sub $30k hatch market.

Weird forum glitch....

I didn't quote that and don't even know what thread it's from

The "view original" link isn't working either

Weird... its trying to back link to Post #5 of SAU History...

Currently up to Post 7,566,267...

Gotta love self serve wreckers. Low km GDA box & diff with 4.44 final drives and same gearing as v5/v6 STi ~1k worth for $350.

Good gearing and stronger components 2 weeks before deca, splendid.

been checking out VW golfs all day... Mk5 seems a smarter buy than anything else. Mk7 is pretty cheap for a new-ish car but so much crap (read "features") comes with them.

For interior/looks, nothing really competes with VW in the sub $30k hatch market.

Do you just do this shit to troll or are you genuinely f**king special?

Literally EVERY OTHER HATCH below 30k is better than a golf. They are f**king abominations.

• Like 1

suggestions?

went to Holden, Nissan, Toyota, Ford, Hyundai, VW today.

Cruze was pretty presentable but i just cant trust it considering how woeful the captiva is. Im not familiar with brand new car shopping, but so much was so stale and cheaply made. You could almost snap all the plastic levers and handles in the toyotas if it was to get caught in your clothing and then saw all the same bits in the 86 :wacko:

The only reason to buy a Golf is for the undeserved sense of self accomplishment at owning something designed in the same country as good European cars

• Like 1

suggestions?

went to Holden, Nissan, Toyota, Ford, Hyundai, VW today.

Cruze was pretty presentable but i just cant trust it considering how woeful the captiva is. Im not familiar with brand new car shopping, but so much was so stale and cheaply made. You could almost snap all the plastic levers and handles in the toyotas if it was to get caught in your clothing and then saw all the same bits in the 86 :wacko:

No offense but dude your looking what sub 40k? What you expecting

I got to say the qashqai for 40k is damn impressive every possible feature / creature comfort the round view camera is amazing should be on every car IMO.

The buttons & dash are pretty good too for the price point I thought.

I actually reckon my new Lexus is better than the a5 was and comparative to the 4 series a touch nicer perhaps I'm bias though

lol this isn't for me, f**k new cars.

Was helping someone else. Got their heart sold on Mk5 golf, GT V or whatever. Diesel manual. Seems the safest bet of the bunch. I know people have issues with the twin charged and DSG models.