SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

I like it how they are now trying to bunch hoons and car enthusiasts in the same group.

I think the angle they were going for was that the hoons are claiming to be car enthusiasts, when they are really not. In any case, it can only be bad for us. Time to change our name to car associates?

Bashing related death vs motor vechile reated death. Would like to know that stats.

As i see it there would have been multiple people in hospital because they chose to 'go out to the city' vs the road fatalities for that night. Common sense doesnt preval obvoiusly as making sure the car is quiet carries much the same weight as making sure people are safe on a night out...

lol well, interesting point that. None of the people/voters actually "want" these operations or think they are necessarily a useful thing...I guarantee if you asked them where to place the cops, in the city to prevent bashings or on the road pulling over cars with boost controllers, most would want the former because it is the real perceived threat to safety.

But this is a case of governments and bodies raising revenue and giving police safe work to do, under the guise of convincing the general populace that car enthusiasts are the real threat. Hell, they don't even have to convince the populace, because...since when have voters ever given a shit that car enthusiasts have to fork out $$$$ just to drive their cars on the road - it's a minority here.

I think the angle they were going for was that the hoons are claiming to be car enthusiasts, when they are really not. In any case, it can only be bad for us. Time to change our name to car associates?

lol well, interesting point that. None of the people/voters actually "want" these operations or think they are necessarily a useful thing...I guarantee if you asked them where to place the cops, in the city to prevent bashings or on the road pulling over cars with boost controllers, most would want the former because it is the real perceived threat to safety.

But this is a case of governments and bodies raising revenue and giving police safe work to do, under the guise of convincing the general populace that car enthusiasts are the real threat. Hell, they don't even have to convince the populace, because...since when have voters ever given a shit that car enthusiasts have to fork out $$$$ just to drive their cars on the road - it's a minority here.

To what entent does this happen in larger markets? Ie the states and the eu? Where aftermarket parts and services attribute a measurable impact on the economy?

Do they have lobby groups? Are we just too small...

No idea to be honest. I don't think it's Australia being too small, we have near (if not) billion dollar industry for aftermarket car parts...but we're still in a minority of voters. It's not a big issue for the majority voters...we could create a sizeable lobby group and swing politicians, but car enthusiasts are lazy by nature ;)

Did you jack the car from the k-frame? Both wheels need to be off the ground.

Both wheels were up, car was up on stands. I could only get the links in the second hardest setting... That'll have to do for now

To what entent does this happen in larger markets? Ie the states and the eu? Where aftermarket parts and services attribute a measurable impact on the economy?

Do they have lobby groups? Are we just too small...

I lived in the States for 10 years- they have a yearly inspection in the state I lived in.

Mind you, all I had to do was take it to the local garage, he would ask me the mileage on the odometer, then just give me the sticker. $8.00 too.

I had a Chevy S10 Blazer with a 3" open exhaust, no cat, no mufflers, nothing.

It would shake the ground lol but the cops didn't care.

In the UK you have to have a yearly inspection, and it's pretty tough (but not as tough as Germany's).

Also, if your car is modified in any way from stock, it's a bastard to get insurance in the UK.

I had to get motor traders insurance so I could cover my vehicles.

Cheers,

Dave

Stupid police need to open their f**king eyes, much worst shit going on around the country than a carby / air cleaner sticking out the bonnet.. The theory of hitting people and f**king them up is stupid have you not seen the big mother f**king 4WDs with massive front bars on them and fishing rod holders? that shit will insta-kill mofos.

And my car comes out with a varex type exhaust stock (and HSVs) why is that legal then..? double standard f**ktards imo

I loved how they said "very sneaky" in regards to people using a varex. No, it has nothing to do with not waking my neighbours late at night or keeping the volume down on the highway cruise :/

I loved how they said "very sneaky" in regards to people using a varex. No, it has nothing to do with not waking my neighbours late at night or keeping the volume down on the highway cruise :/

Yea brah all about them. I dont understand why they want to make everyone so mad, look at the amount of youtube dislikes lol

Although I guess the old hags that watch ACA on TV are cheering