SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Gixxers are reputedly the most comfortable supersports. Have heard R1 are the most comfortable/accommodating for tall guys.

Yeah think that's what he said. I do love the look of the black R6/R1 and the black gixxers so I guess I'll have to test both before I buy

Yamaha don't have a 750 though do they?

Yeah think that's what he said. I do love the look of the black R6/R1 and the black gixxers so I guess I'll have to test both before I buy

Yamaha don't have a 750 though do they?

Yeah test both. That said, here's a different way of looking at it: I didn't even test ride my Yam when I bought it. Just sat on it to make sure nothing fouled against me immediately. Haven't looked back. Maybe I got lucky, but the way I see it, you can adapt to any bike and ignorance is bliss - I didn't want to know how comfortable any other bikes might have been. Worst case scenario, if you really hate the thing you can just sell it. Nah no 750 super sport that I'm aware of, very unusual as the other big 3 all have one.

they do, just not in a park full of joggers, walkers, kids, families and other people walking around

i think its fair enough that 1 park is exempt from bikes

im sure they were allowed at one stage and far too many incidents occured where cyclists plowed into walkers or walkers plowed into cyclists so they banned cyclists

Yeah test both. That said, here's a different way of looking at it: I didn't even test ride my Yam when I bought it. Just sat on it to make sure nothing fouled against me immediately. Haven't looked back. Maybe I got lucky, but the way I see it, you can adapt to any bike and ignorance is bliss - I didn't want to know how comfortable any other bikes might have been. Worst case scenario, if you really hate the thing you can just sell it. Nah no 750 super sport that I'm aware of, very unusual as the other big 3 all have one.

Might stick with the gixxer in a 750 then if/when I go to a 1000 I'll decide between the 2

My mate has a 600 gixxer and is only a short guy, but he told me not to get the 600 as u need to work it hard to get it going, whereas the 750 is the same size bike but better low down I think it was.

The R6 might be different though