SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Hi guys,

Mate Matthew from **** ***** Motorsports in Sydney what's the best you can do me a man t5 box for our show car just off completion n photo shots waiting if do a good deal will make she a good mate mark from street machine n boys at st commodore will do a great write up for you

will put stickers on etc send you photos etc.

Cheers

Not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

Might stick with the gixxer in a 750 then if/when I go to a 1000 I'll decide between the 2

My mate has a 600 gixxer and is only a short guy, but he told me not to get the 600 as u need to work it hard to get it going, whereas the 750 is the same size bike but better low down I think it was.

The R6 might be different though

600 super sports actually have very similar acceleration times to the 1000 super sports, at least until 100km/h where the bigger engines start take over. Where your mate is right, is around town, commuting etc. The 600s obviously have less torque so they won't pull as strongly at low rpm like a 1000...sometimes you'll have to drop down a gear to go anywhere. So yeah, any extra displacement will make the commute easier for you. That being said, my 1000 still doesn't feel "quick" until 6000rpm.

As a side note, don't listen to anyone telling you how slow or fast a bike is IMO, cause it's ridiculously subjective and everyone has different experience with bikes. The R1 still scares me yet there are plenty of people who are or want to sound hardcore and say "could be faster". A 600 is going to feel quick everywhere when you've come from a 250.

Because Victoria that's why

Yup... If you're bicyclist, better leave some money aside for your funeral if you're forced to share the roads with cars since you can't really ride anywhere.

they do, just not in a park full of joggers, walkers, kids, families and other people walking around

i think its fair enough that 1 park is exempt from bikes

im sure they were allowed at one stage and far too many incidents occured where cyclists plowed into walkers or walkers plowed into cyclists so they banned cyclists

Also noticed that Fitzroy gardens are not allowed to ride on, there's heaps of space for everyone on this park.

It's possible that the cyclists aren't aloud to ride cos of people who don't look where they're going which equals to accidents.

600 super sports actually have very similar acceleration times to the 1000 super sports, at least until 100km/h where the bigger engines start take over. Where your mate is right, is around town, commuting etc. The 600s obviously have less torque so they won't pull as strongly at low rpm like a 1000...sometimes you'll have to drop down a gear to go anywhere. So yeah, any extra displacement will make the commute easier for you. That being said, my 1000 still doesn't feel "quick" until 6000rpm.

As a side note, don't listen to anyone telling you how slow or fast a bike is IMO, cause it's ridiculously subjective and everyone has different experience with bikes. The R1 still scares me yet there are plenty of people who are or want to sound hardcore and say "could be faster". A 600 is going to feel quick everywhere when you've come from a 250.

Yeah not going just by what he says but I'd say it's pretty much how it is. He's like 70kg vs me at 90kg so I'd say it'll only be more of a problem with me on it.. I'll have around a year on a 250 by the time I go to the 750 so shouldn't kill myself straight away with the extra power

Nah you'll be alright as long as you have a head about you, I went from 250cc this

Virago250.jpg

to my current beast. It all comes down to attitude.

Nah you'll be alright as long as you have a head about you, I went from 250cc this

Virago250.jpg

to my current beast. It all comes down to attitude.

Tuff looking cruiser man!

always wanted to get a cruiser, but have this odd idea that at slow speed, like weaving through traffic jams ( frowned upon ) might be hard to balance...

is it just me or do you guys find tons of websites just freeze your browser these days?

like google, try and search for anything, basically instant lock of the browser for several seconds

same with netbanking, instant lockups for seconds++;

Tuff? Viragos are girls bikes haha. They are actually easier to balance because of the lower centre of gravity, and that particular bike only weighs 138kg. Was very nimble in the traffic!

Informer

You know say daddy me snow me-a (gonna) blame

A licky boom-boom down

'Tective man he say, say Daddy Me Snow me stab someone down the lane

A licky boom-boom down

Had a look at a '99 ZX2R today guy was asking $4k very average condition shouldn't have bothered driving to heidelberg to see it

He also had a yellow hyasong 650r thingo actually looked pretty good and they're LAMs approved aparently

Tuff? Viragos are girls bikes haha. They are actually easier to balance because of the lower centre of gravity, and that particular bike only weighs 138kg. Was very nimble in the traffic!

tj uses "tuff" to describe everything... he doesn't actually mean "tough"

the other day we were sitting at work and he described his sandwich as "tuff"

true story