SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

I agree that celebrity deaths are over-celebrated and randoms who don't know them personally take it to heart way too much...but when death is shoved in our face like that by the media, it will tweak the human emotions. It's easy to think that people only care about celebrities and not randoms dying of the same illnesses, but it's not the case...it's just that, how are you supposed to know of the randoms dying...go to hospitals and mourn with their families? In contrast we watch TV and read the newspaper everyday, so anything in there is going to get more thought from us.

For me, Jim being the president and savior of my football club, also a personal inspiration to me...seriously 244 consecutive games, each and every week...his death does matter more to me than the average celebrity. In any case this is one person whose life should be celebrated by everyone, not because he should be missed more than your average cancer victim, but he was a figure in the public spotlight who did some really good things. And in such a f**ked up world, it is important for people in the public spotlight to be seen doing things like he did - it restores a bit of faith in humanity for everyone who sees it, it encourages people to be better when they see this kind of legacy and mourning left behind by a good spirit.

No different to how x celebrity is considered hotter just coz he/she is a celebrity

Yer I agree with this, there are hotter girls at Crown than any celebrity in Hollywood...it just comes back to who we are all exposed to...you can't talk to someone about how hot a girl at Crown was but you can google pictures of a celebrity and show them, chances are they'll already know who you're talking about though.

The difference is still in his charitable work park his football/celebrity status the fact is your everyday person with or without illness doesnt and won't do what he did through the reach foundation

I see you are enjoying the GTR!

ahah absolutely love it!

just want to start with the mods already also considering a freshen up on the paint >,< but that will take a while to save the $$ for that