SAU Community

Hks T51R Kai Turbo Kit Suits Rb26

Problem is its too easy on SAU...

You can register & start selling in same day with no minimum post requirements or qualification process...

It was bound to happen...

I was very careful to get as much info as possible on seller & items but whos to say those details supplied arent fraudulent also.

Only thing we have to go off is Bank Account Details and Mobile Service Provider, provided he signed up the sim card & bank account legitimately.

Although, Police seem uninterested in this sort of thing...

I can only presume its becuase it is more profitable as an organisation to hand out stupid fines than to actually do police work and protect legitimate tax payers & civillians from these types of crimes, thus allowing this sort of crap to go on...

I even had a constable from my LAC tell me on the phone while i was making an enquiry into the matter quote "sorry mate im a bit busy, ive gotta go as ive got other things to do"...

Pretty pathetic IMO...

And this is probably why the f**kwits such as this George George bloke get away with this sort of crap...

<br />Problem is its too easy on SAU...<br /><br />You can register & start selling in same day with no minimum post requirements or qualification process...<br /><br />It was bound to happen...<br /><br />I was very careful to get as much info as possible on seller & items but whos to say those details supplied arent fraudulent also. <br /><br />Only thing we have to go off is Bank Account Details and Mobile Service Provider, provided he signed up the sim card & bank account legitimately. <br /><br />Although, Police seem uninterested in this sort of thing... <br />I can only presume its becuase it is more profitable as an organisation to hand out stupid fines than to actually do police work and protect legitimate tax payers & civillians from these types of crimes, thus allowing this sort of crap to go on...<br /><br />I even had a constable from my LAC tell me on the phone while i was making an enquiry into the matter quote "sorry mate im a bit busy, ive gotta go as ive got other things to do"... <br />Pretty pathetic IMO...<br /><br />And this is probably why the f**kwits such as this George George bloke get away with this sort of crap...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

But then if you go break his legs THEN the police will want to know whats happening so they can arrest you and all the while this prick is still free to go and do this to someone else, and they wonder why there the most hated profession.

Sorry to hear this is still going mate, if it helps i'll take the t618z of your hands, LOL

To think this happened to me almost exactly 1 year after i made the following entry to the Feedback/Ideas Section...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/343192-new-users-should-have-minimum-postloyalty/

Still havent had any responses besides telling me that they are busy from any mods regarding this issue...

And it now turns out that another user was defrauded by the same person...

UCF10 

14/11/11 09:24 PM

hey mate wats the deal with this george character i alledgedly paid for the power fc and injectors but no sign of them.

Delete

I suppose: "account creation, for sale area traffic, revenue from ad impressions (banners/search engine etc) and so on" from scammers count too...

"Having their details, goods listed, prices etc - that works - we've proven that." - Yep, Sure...

To think this happened to me almost exactly 1 year after i made the following entry to the Feedback/Ideas Section...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/343192-new-users-should-have-minimum-postloyalty/

Still havent had any responses besides telling me that they are busy from any mods regarding this issue...

I responded to you on the 11th requesting all the information you had on the seller so we could investigate further and add him to the bad trader list.

Additionally, I asked that you leave him an appropriate trader feedback rating to warn others who may consider dealing with him.

So far, I have yet to receive any further details from you, and I notice you mistakenly left him positive feedback instead of negative, which I will shortly be deleting.

The classifieds area is buyer beware - You have indicated you took several steps to validate this individuals identity which is a great step, however its unfortuantely very easy to forge the id you requested, so that is never going to be 100% fool proof. At the end of the day, the seller was a new member, with no previous trader feedback, selling a very expensive item for far less than its market value - if this on its own didn't ring enough alarm bells for you, I don't know what would.

Have you reported the matter to the Police?

This seems to becoming more frequent of late, i was scammed a $300 diff center,

i have used this forum for buying and selling a fair bit, this happened in the last couple of months.

The original for sale ad cannot be opened anymore as moderetors have closed it or something, i'll scrounge up the phone number and bank details in case its the same bloke

I responded to you on the 11th requesting all the information you had on the seller so we could investigate further and add him to the bad trader list.

Additionally, I asked that you leave him an appropriate trader feedback rating to warn others who may consider dealing with him.

So far, I have yet to receive any further details from you, and I notice you mistakenly left him positive feedback instead of negative, which I will shortly be deleting.

Apologies Nick, i saw that PM and responded but because of heavy traffic i presume, i have found it has ended up in drafts and not in your inbox, ill ammend my response to you and send you all the info i gathered also, because from your PM you wanted me to give all the details etc to the police then make feedback to warn others.

Also the content of the trader feedback i left clearly stated the seller was a scammer but it was the positive check box that i missed.

The classifieds area is buyer beware - You have indicated you took several steps to validate this individuals identity which is a great step, however its unfortuantely very easy to forge the id you requested, so that is never going to be 100% fool proof. At the end of the day, the seller was a new member, with no previous trader feedback, selling a very expensive item for far less than its market value - if this on its own didn't ring enough alarm bells for you, I don't know what would.

I have bought many items off newer members with the same procedure with no hiccups what so ever...

And generally most people that come SAU do the right thing. this is the first time in all my years of SAU i have experienced such a thing.

Have you reported the matter to the Police?

Ive tried, I basically had to force an officer at my LAC to hand over the fraud paperwork, so that tells me ill be filling it out they will just be tucking it in a box somewhere with nothing being done about it.

The Officers body language was telling me to hurry up and leave.

Edited by krayzie32

I even had a constable from my LAC tell me on the phone while i was making an enquiry into the matter quote "sorry mate im a bit busy, ive gotta go as ive got other things to do"...

Pretty pathetic IMO...

Probably get more attention from the police if it's reported that you've been hit over the head with a turbo kit. The weapon can even be identified as a "T51R"

That shit sux. RB26 is right imo in the leg breaking. just don't say it on a forum before you do it, yeah? You should do something else now that you have said that acually. i suggest finger amputation.

Heres a joke to brighten the moment:

As I was getting into bed the other night, my wife told me I had left the light on in the garage. She could see light coming through the bedroom window. As I got up to shut the curtain (rather than go outside to shut off the stupid light), I saw there were 2 guys taking things from my garage. I immediately called 911, but was told that they didn't have anyone "in the area at this time," but would send someone over as soon as possible. I said OK, hung up, and waited one minute. Then I called 911 again. I said, "I called you a minute ago because there was someone in my garage. Well, you don't have to worry about that now because I just shot them." 

Within two minutes there were 3 cruisers in front of my house, a SWAT van 

and the paramedics.

They immediately apprehended the burglars. However, the lieutenant was 

really mad & said "I thought you said you'd shot them!" 

I replied, "I thought you said there was nobody available."

Problem is its too easy on SAU...

You can register & start selling in same day with no minimum post requirements or qualification process...

It was bound to happen...

I was very careful to get as much info as possible on seller & items but whos to say those details supplied arent fraudulent also.

Only thing we have to go off is Bank Account Details and Mobile Service Provider, provided he signed up the sim card & bank account legitimately.

Although, Police seem uninterested in this sort of thing...

I can only presume its becuase it is more profitable as an organisation to hand out stupid fines than to actually do police work and protect legitimate tax payers & civillians from these types of crimes, thus allowing this sort of crap to go on...

Pretty pathetic IMO...

And this is probably why the f**kwits such as this George George bloke get away with this sort of crap...

Sorry to hear this happened mate and hopefully you'll get it sorted soon,as you know i had a similar thing happen to me,i guess i was lucky that police were very helpful and assisted me and eventually i got the item sent to me,at the time i was suggested and told to contact Internet fraud and scams(AFP)I believe? Have they given you the same advice at this stage,have you physically made out a police report at the station as yet??These steps may aid you in recovering your goods give me a call if you need more advice and again GL mate.

ive been buying and selling on ns.com for 8 years and been on here just as long yet never felt secure parting with my money on here unless i could meet in person, i think changing to a 100 minimum post before you can sell will help the ppl hunting for a quick scam, also seperating into a search for state to state would be good

i hope everyone can get their money back with the fraud packs!