SAU Community

Odo Windback

GTR-N1

Three places are implicated on TT (yeah that dastardly show) for winding back odometers.

They are Pennant Hills Ford, SUV Sales Lansvale and TopGear Cars Chatswood.

Pretty damning footage. Anyone see it (-meaning, do you admit to watching TT hehe...)?

Prestige cars were included.

CEO of Pennant Hills Ford, formerly CEO of Cars Autohaus sold my wife and I a car with low Kms.

Now I wonder if he had the Kms wound back.

The car has been sold on now.

Part II of the story is on tomorrow...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had it on in the background, only caught a little of it, but was that guy getting into the Porsche cluster with a pocket knife/multi-tool. Well done to the manufacturers make a 150K+ car that can have it's speedo changed by some bogan with a pocket knife.

WOW is right Corinne.

The going rate "in cash" to Frank for winding back the odo is $150.

He had a stack of $50 notes in change for $200 handover in a public carpark.

TT Producer had his odo wound back too for good measure of course.

CEO of Pennant Hills Ford, formerly CEO of Cars Autohaus sold my wife and I a car with low Kms.

Now I wonder if he had the Kms wound back.

The car has been sold on now.

Part II of the story is on tomorrow...

I had a blew with this arsehole about 3 years ago.... He told me and my 16 year old daughter (at the time) to f**k off out of his yard!

I asked him he thought that was appropriate language in front of customers let alone my daughters age?

Absolute prick! I hope he goes to gaol.

Bob.

PS: I have recorded it so after part 2 tomorrow, I'll upload it onto Youtube so anyone who missed it can see it.......

Yes, that Ian C***k spits the dummy really quick doesn't he?

He nearly caused us to walk away after a sudden rant session.

That Porsche was wound back from 19*,***Km to 9*,*** - WTF

And that dude Frank was so open about the dash removal > when confronted, he just played dumb.

It was pathetic that he was so busy with winding back odometers, he had to take a leak against a building so as to complete his 'jobs'

I'm pretty sure they do.

All pink slips are now electronically lodged with the RTA so I'm sure it will show up somewhere.........

Bob.

Wrong

If you get a revs/vehicle history check done for the last 3 years it says rta doesnot currently keep records of odometer readings

So they even tell you themselves they don't check it. And obviously dealerships know this

PS: I have recorded it so after part 2 tomorrow, I'll upload it onto Youtube so anyone who missed it can see it.......

Thanks mate please post the link when your done I meant to watch it but I fell asleep on the lounge

Cause Im guessing at some point in next 10years they may fix their system and start recording and making them available again,

I'm sure it can't be hard,

But then it is the rta

its recorded just not available through revs

This is no surprise, and funny thing is back in the late 90's my dad offloaded a prestige English car to Ian at cars Austohaus Pennant hills, they didn't even test drive it. Got market value for that car.... went home in a cheaper car at less than asking price, but they didn't realise untill the next day that the car had a blown head or cylinder or something like that, it was so long ago now.... at a cost back then of an estimated $30k to repair....

What goes around comes around aye.....

I know of a few high caliber cars being offloaded by a Viet guy in Sydney (he also had an R34gtr v-spec 2 for sale a few months back) with 100% wound back milage. People have complained about it and found evidence of it but he is still unpunished. The RTA doesn't seem like they want to tackle this problem which is so easy to detect and deter.....

The blame goes to the RTA at the end for allowing this to happen so easily.

But lets be honest, we all know this exists, that is why we spend so much time sussing a potential buy, and the whole reason why the SAU community judges a car by the way it drives as well as the tell tale signs of ware, and doesn't just blindly buy a used car purely by trust and honesty of the vendor...

Edited by Kujotk

its recorded just not available through revs

Back in the rta used to list on their own vehicle history check if the cars odometer was tampered with now they don't so what's the point in recording the numbers if they do nothing about it

surely if a car has really low milage - and the body and interior didnt match and looked like had gone through to hell and back...surely you would question it.

I know I would.edit - just re:read that - not having a dig at anyone here or Terry!!

but what I mean is some cars you can just tell by their condition that their km's would be high.

I would too, or more correctly I wouldn't I'd just walk away,

My ADM s15 has 122000kms on it with a few scratches and very small gouges at the bottom of the drivers door, that's it rest if the interior is in excellent condition and the engine bay is about a 9.5 out of 10 very clean, a guy showed me hos s15 JDM with 75000kms on it and it looked like shit compared to my car, I didn't believe the kms for a second

But the point is that while alot of us would scrutinize that most people would and its unfair that they are being taken for a rode cause they don't know as much about cars as we do