SAU Community

Odo Windback

GTR-N1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a blew with this arsehole about 3 years ago.... He told me and my 16 year old daughter (at the time) to f**k off out of his yard!

I asked him he thought that was appropriate language in front of customers let alone my daughters age?

That's a good point too,

Why do car dealers think they can swear in front if customers and still get a sale, fair enough if I swear first, which I don't believe I ever have when making a purchase

But 2 months ago when I was looking at car this car salesman thought he was at a Kevin bloody Wilson concert. dropping a swear every second word acctually put me off,

I don't expect to walk onto dicksmith and when I ask about phone cable have the salesman say " well we have this f**ken cable and that f**ken cable and this ones shit and that ones a kunt to get in"

Or

call up telstra and the operator says "the problem is the reception in your area is f**ken shit"

Or

call the bank and the customer service rep says "the problem is that you've got no f**ken money"

So why do car salesman think they can do it

Edited by stig mick

According to that article ^ ^ ^ Matthew, Creak has resurfaced 20 yrs later after being suspended in 1992.

In 2000 he was running Cars Autohaus Thornleigh when our family dropped in to look at a BMW523i that had been advertised by him as a '98 with multifunction steering wheel.

In fact it was an early '97 with a plain steering wheel and less airbags.

He cracked a fit when I asked nicely about his mistaken advert.

After we'd bought it, Creak would only honour aspects of the warranty that he could readily fix in the workshop - not others.

I also pushed for an Inspection II to be done on the car before takeover - but hey, who knows what went on in the service area. Other than that, the car was pristine. Typical side-tank, fan clutch and other water issues that BMW has tho'

The article in last night's TT was nearly gagged by Creak in the Supreme Court before airing.

I hope tonight's Part II isn't just an epilogue/summary and contains more meat.

I think that Frank whatever-his-name-is needs to be investigated by the ATO besides those caryard cowboys going to gaol as Bob alluded to. :domokun:

i think everyone has had a bad experience with car dealers terry, with what i have experienced in the past, i don't take there word seriously...

but what gets up my nose is what's stopping him from going to another state and doing it over again? (apart from a prison sentence).

he did it once...

off topic, we should get tt to investigate all the imports that are ''disappearing''.

hahahaha I wish

imports are hoon cars so they are not going to try and help the "hoon" community

more speed cameras would fix this.....wait wut? lol

I do agree with what you said before - most of us would have a better idea and you are right - for "non enthusiasts" they should not be taken advantage of because they dont know or wouldnt know to check.

I do agree with what you said before - most of us would have a better idea and you are right - for "non enthusiasts" they should not be taken advantage of because they dont know or wouldnt know to check.

And that's the people they are targeting with this, winding back a porshe is still going to land an non enthusiast who just wants a porshe for the sake of it,

WE all know that import odometers are a complete wank and basically might as well say 1kmfor what they are worth,

But others will go on carsales and make a short list and put huge emphasis on the kms as the most important thing next to the year and features

Edited by stig mick

I've learnt the odometer means nothing at all to do with condition, even if it is accurate. It's all about how the car is looked after.

A car can have done 10 000 KM, or 200 000KM, and both be in the same condition depending on how they've been looked after.

The point is; those dodgy car yards are superficially raising the value and justify the asking price of their cars by winding back the odometers.

In turn, it makes the honest establishments have to fight harder to make their sales. They'd even lose some that they shouldn't have lost.

Kids with honest Dads go hungry ;)

No, not you Rick D ;)

Reminds me of a pic on the computer I saw a while back. It had 8 women on a page like a car classified, good condition, some wear, a classic etc.

We were like what the!?! so funny.