SAU Community

Odo Windback

GTR-N1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays episode was an absolute beauty........... http://au.news.yahoo...-confrontation/

I have all 3 now on a DVD. Do you think it's something that people would enjoy at the Legends dinner?

If so and providing we can get a player hooked up to their TV's I happy to bring it along.

Thoughts?

Bob.

Can we use this at a film night at the Clubhouse HQ Bob?

Eric has the Vid Promo all set up for Legends Night > but hey, we'll need your car :thumbsup: as you know.

what a idiot, honestly what did he think was going to happen?

he walks in to the place starts abusing the staff then chases the owner through the building, what he didn't think he would feel threatened and might react with violence?

i have no sympathy for stupidity.

i still dont know what there going to get frank for, it's not illegal to change the odometer on a car, it only illegal to sell a car knowing the odometer has been changed (or at least that's how i remember it anyway).

tax maybe?

what a idiot, honestly what did he think was going to happen?

he walks in to the place starts abusing the staff then chases the owner through the building, what he didn't think he would feel threatened and might react with violence?

i have no sympathy for stupidity.

i still dont know what there going to get frank for, it's not illegal to change the odometer on a car, it only illegal to sell a car knowing the odometer has been changed (or at least that's how i remember it anyway).

tax maybe?

100% agree with the first bit. I would react the same way. And why didn't the guy take it to court if his ute blew up twice?

Only a matter of time before the true Today Tonight 'foot in the door' spirit escalated into something like that.

The guy bought a 'dual cab VW ute' 12 years ago?

Must've been a mid 90s T3 Transporter ute; my brother used to work on these and said there was hardly a car on the market built worse than those. They continually broke down.

• 4 weeks later...

All these horror stories make me worried as Im currently looking for a 32 everything I've seen has been crap full of rust and sellers have lied to me until Ive called them on something :( were they either persist and get mad or just concede and hope I don't see anything else posting from phone

Part of the problem is that Australian authorities don't seem to care (unless it ends up on TV). About the middle of last year I forwarded a very large amount of evidence of a large all import yard in Sydney giving cars "hair cuts" to the department of fair trading.

The evidence included Japanese auction sheets and photos of cars and then links to the listings for the cars on the yard's web site with far different KMs showing. I picked cars that stood out, rims, body kits and colours and/or rare models etc.

Guess what happened???????????????? Not a thing, the guy has even opened up other yards on Parramatta RD.

... unless a car is obviously mint & in unused condition with low klms to match i personally wouldn't take much notice of the odometer reading ... a car can have more than average klms on it but been owned by a fastidious person who services it properly & often & be a good investment against some cowboy who has a car with genuine low klms but thrashes it senseless never checking anything ... a car with 150,000 more klms on it can easily be a better car if it's been well cared for & serviced often ... my brother in law for example does a service & changes the oil & filter on his entire families cars every 3000 klms religiously ... some of them are in the 400,000 klms & still going "sweet" ... i wouldn't buy a car without giving it a thorough going over looking at every conceivable aspect including a compression test ... If you spend enough time in it & under it you quickly get a a good all round picture of how the car has been treated ... the odometer can only tell you how far it's gone but not how it was treated during its travels ... you need to look at everything else on & in the car to accurately appraise its "worthiness" to own ... :) ...

post-9783-0-08367400-1322861729_thumb.jpg post-9783-0-35684100-1322861789_thumb.jpg

... speaking of which i just recently bought this 1980 Hilux 4WD ... yep 31 years old ! ... spotted it in car sales in wagga ... rang the guy & flew down there ... no real idea of how many klms because the odometer on those first model 4WD's only went to 99,000 before it clicked over again ... he was a genuine guy & the second owner ... the first owner worked in the mines & had it for over 20 years ... the truck is in great shape with the original engine & gearbox ... it has no rust anywhere ... used but not abused id call it ... everything works & it has no issues at all ... i paid $2000 cash for it ... :) ...

Nice buy...that is bloody cheap for a hilux!

Petrol or is it an Oiler?

... had it been in sydney it would have been $5000 for sure ... it's got the 2 litre petrol ... what a bargain hey ... i reckon there's $1500 worth of tyres on it !! ... :) ...

I bet it is SLOW with the 2L and those tyres lol

... you can say that again !! ... you can jump out going up a hill run over to the nearest tree take a leak & jump back in all before it's covered 15 meters !!! ... hahah !!!! ... first thing i did was fit extractors & a straight through 2in exhaust which has helped heaps ... my skylines just under 300rwkw so I don't mind having the exact opposite in something I can go beach fishing or camping in ... :) ...

It would go well with a 2J in it :whistling:

or maybe a 1UZ-FE v8

... fuel injected late model camry is meant to be good !?! ...

... i like the fact it's still original so im goin got leave it as is ... i quite enjoy putting around in it ... & to start spending any real money on it like an engine conversion defeats the purpose of getting it so cheap ... :) ...