SAU Community

P-Plater Not Being Allowed To Drive At Night?

Something i've heard via word of mouth... what's the status with this one?

I can't find anything about it on the rta or news websites...

True? False? In process? right-wing opinion? Someone smoking crack?

Soon Red P Plates will only be allowed 3 cyl charades. laugh.gif

That's acctually not a bad idea, f**k off all the other bogus laws like speed limits for p platers, and this new stupid one and make them all drive small 3-4 cylinder cars

You only delay the inevitable - they will still be inexperienced when they do finally get to drive at those times.

And those that have permission to be out at those hours - shift workers, etc - will have the bejeeses harassed out of them by the police checking if they are allowed out during those hours.

Maybe if they taught people properly in the first place - now there's a novel idea!!

The red P law in WA is bull, I recently got onto my greens, and tbh I find myself in before 11. It's the freedom of knowing you can drive after 12 that people love.

All this talk about P platers should have 4 cyl cars is f****ing bull, I know a few people off their P's who shouldn't even be allowed a moped, and I also know P platers who have no problem controlling their cars.

You only delay the inevitable - they will still be inexperienced when they do finally get to drive at those times.

And those that have permission to be out at those hours - shift workers, etc - will have the bejeeses harassed out of them by the police checking if they are allowed out during those hours.

Maybe if they taught people properly in the first place - now there's a novel idea!!

+1

Laws doesn't solve anything, education do help.

It's a case of nanny state going too far.

The red P law in WA is bull, I recently got onto my greens, and tbh I find myself in before 11. It's the freedom of knowing you can drive after 12 that people love.

All this talk about P platers should have 4 cyl cars is f****ing bull, I know a few people off their P's who shouldn't even be allowed a moped, and I also know P platers who have no problem controlling their cars.

well, then i don't know where those dicks on red p's doing burnouts, and trying to drag me while i try to get home peacefully come from. because statistically, you are wrong.

maybe they think a soarer without eurolines is slow hey?

its weird because on ur L plates you're allowed to drive after midnight with supervision

but on your P plates you arent, even with supervision

.. makes no sense imo

You are also allowed to LEARN in a (turbo) Skyline - because a properly licensed driver is "in charge" of the vehicle. But who is "in control" of the vehicle? And to top it off, you technically can't drive the (turbo) Skyline home after you pass your test! WTF?

You are also allowed to LEARN in a (turbo) Skyline - because a properly licensed driver is "in charge" of the vehicle. But who is "in control" of the vehicle? And to top it off, you technically can't drive the (turbo) Skyline home after you pass your test! WTF?

You are allowed to drive a turbo car in WA on your Ps, but not allowed to drive after midnight for the 1st 6 month...

Also I got my Skyline 2 weeks after I got my Ps :thumbsup:

But meh, since I got my full license I started to become one of the "old grumpy man" & don't really care about what is happening with the P-plater laws or what new stuff the government is trying to milk out of it.