SAU Community

Best Value Street Tyre.

KezR33

Hey guys,

I've got a friend who needs new tyres for her Falcon. Its just a daily driver, never raced, etc. She is a student so something cheap is preferable. However, she's not the best driver so its probably best that she doesn't get anything terrible.

Just wondering what you guys recommend, and the cheapest place to get said tyres in Melbourne.

Thanks.

good tyres and cheap don't really go in the same sentence but really if they are normal falcon like 16s or 17s? then tyres should be fairly affordable as it is.

wheeltec are very reasonable in dandenong

Yeah I know what you mean. I was kind of hoping for a bang for your buck tyre like the KU36 is for performance, but in this case just daily driving.

I'll give Wheeltec a call and see what they recommend, cheers.

KU31? Awesome value, bit of a dry tyre though...

As Alex said, I'm sure in high profile small wheel spec you could a better dry and wet tyre for the same cost.

yeah ku31a on the honda they're real nice, comfy and grippy..whole set just over 500$..

Though mileage is a bit ordinary have only done 35000kms and there almost dead..

.should get at least 60 for daily strret usage

but i will give you all the value for money hot tip here..Brdgestone Duravis..i got a full set of 215/65/15 for about 800$ and they did over 160,000kms of abuse on my ute, no tyre rotating or anything..2 still had life in them when i bought new ones....pretty sure the police use them on their cars as well..they used to anyway..

Yokohama C-drive2!

Traction Tyres recommend the C or A drives when i send non performance cars down there (mum's car with 17's, gf's car with 15's)

one was slightly more performance orientated than the other, can't remember which way around.

I'd just take it to TT and ask them what they think, you'll get straight up advice, won't bullshit ya and won't offer you more than what you want (ie, push you to get a set of AD08's)

KU31? Awesome value, bit of a dry tyre though...

As Alex said, I'm sure in high profile small wheel spec you could a better dry and wet tyre for the same cost.

All rounder - Kuhmo KU31. Checked prices - quite cheap actually

True.

I am running KU31's all round at the moment.

KU21's are what I'm running at the moment, slightly longer life than 31's and slightly less performance in the dry but a bit better in the wet. A bit cheaper too I believe.

Yep.

I have used them on the fronts before switching to KU31's all round.