• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno tbh.

2JZ is a drop in and go and has bigger valves etc

1.5JZ means building shit/modifying the head/block etc and I'm lazy these days

2JZ-GTE with new rings and bearings seems like the go to me

Turbos and manifolds finally off...I really feel sorry for Toyota mechanics

Lots of oil/grime on the bell housing and the back half of the block, might be leaking a little from the cam covers, the bolts were a little loose so nipped them up and I'll keep an eye on it.

Also have to figure out how to get the factory oil drain off...cant get a socket in there nor can I can a spanner in there....

I was expecting 2 drain holes in the block ala RB26...but its a steel Y piece...So I may block the rear one and use it as a crank case breather/oil return from a catch tank and use the forward drain for the new turbo...Should work well I think.

There are also the matter of the rear turbo water feed sticking out near where the new dump pipe will go, So I'll loop it into the front turbo water feed, which will be a neater solution to sticking a couple of bolts in cut off hoses...looks shit and tends to leak after a while.

Anyway a few photos of progress...Was delayed a little as a had to rescue one of my cats of the neighbors roof lol.

I'm quite happy with how it went today, only took 30-40mins to get the rear turbo off (just needed a couple of nuts removed though as most of it was done Monday)

post-16947-0-99046000-1319595019_thumb.jpg

post-16947-0-61500600-1319595063_thumb.jpg

I dunno tbh.

2JZ is a drop in and go and has bigger valves etc

1.5JZ means building shit/modifying the head/block etc and I'm lazy these days

2JZ-GTE with new rings and bearings seems like the go to me

parts all interchangeable? like manifolds and turbos? and stuff?

loom?

mmmmnah I'll be right...Have seen a 1UZ-FE in a sprinter though ;)

fits alright, less room than it looks lol

DSCN1848.jpg

love the 1uz swaps - its one of my projects down the line lol

i would like to see that.

then click the link :P

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/58737-1uz-ae86-aus-toy.html

Chris you have more room in the bay either side than the Soarer does!!!

The front rails sit so high in the Soarers that where the engine sits is half as wide as the bay!

How are you going to fit dump pipes with the turbos like that? Are they adapters?

Did it take you long to get the intake vacuum lines all back on? there are about 9000 of them!

Well, some good news. Due to me having what looks like a 2 1/4" mid pipe I was going to try and make one...BUUUUUTTTT aftermarket ones for JZA80s are exactly the same :D

Also had a go at starting the dump pipe (the back half of it) by cutting up an old one I had here off the skyline...but it was all rusty and I ran out of grinding disks...so i decided to weld it up anyway....WHAT A MESS!!!! I wont make excuses. it wasnt cut straight enough and I got a bit carried away...really need a drop saw, as trying to cut angles with a 4" grinder just doesnt work!!!! >_<