SAU Community

Oh No, Not Another Interstate Rego Transfer Question

JD_R33

I know this has been asked and answered before, but not recently, so thought I would try and get some up to date info.

My son just bought a black 97 R33 GTS-T privately from Sydney, so we need to get the rego transferred into the ACT.

It's pretty much standard apart from window tint, pod filter and exhaust. Stock airbox came with it, so that will go back on before the inspection. Not sure about the window tint, it's pretty dark.

Anyways, my question is - has anybody bought in a privately sold interstate car recently and NOT had to go through the butt-hurt that is Dickson? I know a few years back that was the only option, but not sure if it's still the case.

And if you see a black 33 with stockies driving around and he doesn't wave back, tell me and i'll kick his arse :spank:

I know this has been asked and answered before, but not recently, so thought I would try and get some up to date info.

My son just bought a black 97 R33 GTS-T privately from Sydney, so we need to get the rego transferred into the ACT.

It's pretty much standard apart from window tint, pod filter and exhaust. Stock airbox came with it, so that will go back on before the inspection. Not sure about the window tint, it's pretty dark.

Anyways, my question is - has anybody bought in a privately sold interstate car recently and NOT had to go through the butt-hurt that is Dickson? I know a few years back that was the only option, but not sure if it's still the case.

And if you see a black 33 with stockies driving around and he doesn't wave back, tell me and i'll kick his arse :spank:

Took it to the guys in Lanyon (IIRC, you suggested it lol). Though I get the feeling they don't do rego inspections anymore....Mawson was also recommended to me, maybe give them a shot.

Took it to the guys in Lanyon (IIRC, you suggested it lol). Though I get the feeling they don't do rego inspections anymore....Mawson was also recommended to me, maybe give them a shot.

No more...Word on the street is they got banished for being dodgy dream boats lol

Even years ago when I transferred the rego on the GTR I never had to take it to Dickson.

Not sure what side of town you're on but I have had good experiences with Kaleen Service Centre. Also, shouldn't have to change the pod filter over as long as it's secured.

I welcome youir son to the world of Skylines. However, who guided him towards the fishing boat John ???

Thats recreation not racereaction :nyaanyaa:

Actually good bang for buck nowdays...and welcome Jnr.for me.

Rich, you do know that according to Japanese mythology the original Godzilla was a dinosaur? :nyaanyaa:

Thanks for the input folks, i'll suss out the local workshops. Does anyone know if the Identity Check stuff still has to be done, and if only Dickson can do that?

Rich, you do know that according to Japanese mythology the original Godzilla was a dinosaur? :nyaanyaa:

Thanks for the input folks, i'll suss out the local workshops. Does anyone know if the Identity Check stuff still has to be done, and if only Dickson can do that?

Only if it's under 5 years old I believe

hey mate if its transfering from interstate from private sale and LESS than 10 years old it needs a rego check AND an ID check at dickson.

given that its a 97 model then its older than 10 years so it just needs a run of the mill road worthy cert.

Im an ACT inspector so if you want a rego check PM me. cheers

I've been told different things... I gave mine to my mechanic, fluttered my eyelashes, smiled nicely and said you know how I am super nice to you and stuff well please sort it, and it all magically happened... I than sweet talked the people at the shop front so they didn't pay any attention to anything other than handing me plates (just to be safe) lol... I was told it needs to go to Dickson because it is an import than told only if it is modified but not considered "owner modified" so best is have a chat to some of the ACT rego guys (like RS4-S) and say ahhh yeah can you pass this yay/nay... :)

Needless to say I am all out of sweetness but have ACT rego woot...Good luck! And good to see you have another one for the collection, hope he wasn't planning on GTR rims lol whistling.gif

(Melly in Zanes acc...)

hey mate if its transfering from interstate from private sale and LESS than 10 years old it needs a rego check AND an ID check at dickson.

given that its a 97 model then its older than 10 years so it just needs a run of the mill road worthy cert.

Im an ACT inspector so if you want a rego check PM me. cheers

Pm sent :)

I've been told different things... I gave mine to my mechanic, fluttered my eyelashes, smiled nicely and said you know how I am super nice to you and stuff well please sort it, and it all magically happened... I than sweet talked the people at the shop front so they didn't pay any attention to anything other than handing me plates (just to be safe) lol... I was told it needs to go to Dickson because it is an import than told only if it is modified but not considered "owner modified" so best is have a chat to some of the ACT rego guys (like RS4-S) and say ahhh yeah can you pass this yay/nay... :)

Needless to say I am all out of sweetness but have ACT rego woot...Good luck! And good to see you have another one for the collection, hope he wasn't planning on GTR rims lol whistling.gif

(Melly in Zanes acc...)

Yeah, he kind of missed out on the GTR wheels hey. :yes:

I believe he has it booked into Bridgestone at Phillip tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. He's at work tonight, so I have just been down replacing the pod with a standard airbox etc. Bloody RB25's :P

Dude from Lanyon: Wasn't too low was it?

Me: Nah

Dude: Was it loud?

Me: Nah not really

Dude: hmm, I'll have to check the tint though... (unfortunately it failed this @ 5% lol, easy enough fix)

Dude: What's this for? Control boost? (pointing at bleed valve)

Me: yep, replaces that (points at stock solenoid)

Dude: cool cool.

EZMODE

Dude from Lanyon: Wasn't too low was it?

Me: Nah

Dude: Was it loud?

Me: Nah not really

Dude: hmm, I'll have to check the tint though... (unfortunately it failed this @ 5% lol, easy enough fix)

Dude: What's this for? Control boost? (pointing at bleed valve)

Me: yep, replaces that (points at stock solenoid)

Dude: cool cool.

EZMODE

Sounds like the dude out at fyshwick that did the rego inspection on my KTM, I didn't even take it off the back of the ute.

And the bloke that did my driving test up in Qld.

"Hey, you're not Bill's lad are you?"

"Yep"

"I remember him, he used to coach my footy team in monto, was mates with mal meninga's dad norm blah,blah,blah"

"what do you want me to do?"

"um, just drive around the block a couple of times blah,blah,blah"

"here's your licence"

"thanks"

All done, just had to rip the window tint off and replace the back shocks.

Now he just needs to go down and empty his wallet on the Govco shopfront counter.

Thanks for the help everyone! :action-smiley-069:

Edited by JD_R33