SAU Community

R32 Gtst Cutting Out / Stalling

fresco1984

HI GUYS I NEED SOME HELP WITH MY SKYLINE ITS A 1990 R32 GTST AUTO , I JUST GOT IT BACK FROM THE MECHANIC AND HAD ALL FLUIDS N FILTERS CHANGED AND COIL HARNESS LOOM AND SPARK PLUGS CHANGED AND THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS WHEN I START THE CAR THE IDOL IS ALWAYS GOING UP AND DOWN MAINLY WHEN ITS COLD AND EVEN HAPPENS WHEN WARMED UP.

IF I COME TO A COMPLETE STOP AT LIGHTS IT SOMETIMES DOES IT. WHEN I DRIVE IT FEELS LIKE ITS GOING TO STALL OR CUT OUT AND ITS AN AUTO TOO SO I CANT WORK IT OUT, IT ALSO FEELS LIKE ITS STRUGGLING TO GO LIKE ITS PULLING BACK , IT DOES IT IN DRIVE AND REVERSE .

I HAD ENGINE OIL REPLACED AS IT WAS BLACK AND RADIATOR FLUSHED BECAUSE WATER WAS BROWN BUT FOR SOME REASON THE NEW OIL HAS GONE BLACK AND COOLANT HAS TURNED BROWN AGAIN BUT THATS ANOTHER PROBLEM SO IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE ON THAT PLEASE LET ME KNOW

IF I DRIVE AROUND ALL DAY AND PARK THE CAR FOR AN HOUR OR SO OR EVEN 10-15 MINS AND START IT AGAIN IT STILL DOES IT, AND IT ALSO DRINKS HEEEEPS OF FUEL AND I DUNNO IF THATS NORMAL OR NOT , SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT AS I DONT NO MUCH ABOUT CARS I JUST WANT THIS PROBLEM FIXED AND WANA DRIVE MY CAR ... CHEERS

Please repost not it caps and i will offer my advice, there is nothing more annoying than reading I NEED HELP THIS HAS HAPPENED ?? !!. Buuuuuut because im in a good a good mood ill help and let you off. My first piece of advice would be take it back to the mechanic that serviced it and asked if he fiddled with any sensors eg AAC, MAF etc. Oil always generally turns black after a few km's its the carbon. The detergent in the oil cleans out the crud. My radiator took several flushes to get all the build up out. not unusual for a poorly maintained 20yr old car. From what you have said it sounds like a fuel regulator maybe ? get all of this tested. Just chuck it on the computer take the guessing out

check the connection to the AFM. if thats not the problem, check the connections to everything else. mechanics unplug so many things they often forget to put them back.

oil going black - normal

as for the brown coolant, i think it just wasnt flushed well enough. id only start to worry if i saw traces of oil