SAU Community

Hard Putting Into 1St Gear?

miga24

Ok I thought id be more specific in this post, ive read about this problem a million times here tonight but no one seems to have a posted a definitive answer to it, or how they have solved their issue.

ISSUE: My clutch seems fine, the problem I have is selecting 1st gear, and reverse, the other gears are no picnic either but its not as bad. its also starting to crunch when selecting 1st every now and then. and gets worse when hot.

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Synchros?

Change oil?

Change clutch?

Just have a smoke and a beer and say f**k it?

i have the EXACT same problem, im about to carry out a gearbox oil change today, ill let you know if theres a difference, i would of done it yesterday but i didnt have a socket that fit the filling plug, 20mm too small, 22, too big, bought a 21, still too big so i think its an imperial

Do some visual checks. Check out the master/slave cylinder for leaks, stick your head under the dash for a broken pedal box, check the condition of the oil.

If those are all fine, pull the box out and check the condition of the clutch, check teh condition of teh clutch fork and pivot point.

If they are fine box may be fingered

I don't know how you can expect us to give you a definitive diagnosis of his problem, over the internet, when there are several possible causes.

As the sloth says, get off your bum and look for yourself. If you can't do that, just take it to a workshop and get it fixed.

ok it turned out to be the clutch, i got an Exedy HD yesterday and changet it today along with changing the gearbox oil and it works like a charm now, well at least it wasnt the gearbox or something more expensive :)

thanks for your input guys appreciate it